Rehearsal Sites Before DCI East?

Hi all...

Asking you to help a Maryland drum corps guy out here...LOL...

If anyone knows where the various corps are going to be rehearsing in the days leading up to DCI East, particularly in the MD-VA-DE-PA area, please post that info here!!!

I already know about BD's rehearsal site this Monday, the 31st... but anything else, please share... and thank you in advance!!! 

The Academy will be at the following:

August 1-2: High Point High School, Beltsville MD, (though the 2nd is a free day and the corps will not be rehearsing)

August 3: in MA

August 4-5: Warren Hills Regioal High School, Washington, NJ

August 6: who knows because DCI doesn't

All the rest of the Blue Devils housing info can be found at their website on their calendar with the exception of 8/2.

Edited by desertrat68
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, desertrat68 said:

All the rest of the Blue Devils housing info can be found at their website on their calendar with the exception of 8/2.

As Fran already mentioned, we will be hosting the Blue Devils at Woodgrove H.S. in Purcellville, VA Jul 31 - Aug 2.  However, Aug 2 will not be a rehearsal day. 

Feel free to come out Monday evening, July 31 to see an open rehearsal at the stadium.  This is always a big event at our school and the host students go out of their way to make everyone feel welcome.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

47 minutes ago, desertrat68 said:

The Academy will be at the following:

August 1-2: High Point High School, Beltsville MD, (though the 2nd is a free day and the corps will not be rehearsing)

August 3: in MA

August 4-5: Warren Hills Regional High School, Washington, NJ

August 6: who knows beeacause DCI doesn't

The Wabbits should be on the look out for the deer at Warren Hills particularly at sun-up and sunset. Black bears occasionally may show up as well but like most field judges today, they keep their distance from the formations. Unless you look like a wabbit.

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Hi all...

Asking you to help a Maryland drum corps guy out here...LOL...

If anyone knows where the various corps are going to be rehearsing in the days leading up to DCI East, particularly in the MD-VA-DE-PA area, please post that info here!!!

I already know about BD's rehearsal site this Monday, the 31st... but anything else, please share... and thank you in advance!!! 

I do love the fact that Fran still calls it DCI EAST. 

OLD SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol:

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I do love the fact that Fran still calls it DCI EAST. 

OLD SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol:

It will always be DCI East to me!!!  LOL

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Old Corps Guy said:

As Fran already mentioned, we will be hosting the Blue Devils at Woodgrove H.S. in Purcellville, VA Jul 31 - Aug 2.  However, Aug 2 will not be a rehearsal day. 

Feel free to come out Monday evening, July 31 to see an open rehearsal at the stadium.  This is always a big event at our school and the host students go out of their way to make everyone feel welcome.

Yes, they do... I can vouch for that!!!

We hope to make it there again this year... not sure yet, though.

Edited by Fran Haring

10 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Yeah, I remembered that but I was on my way out the door this morning. They had listed it as a laundry/free day but changed it. I figured it was still a laundry day because they had one this Sunday and it a long time between San Antonio and the end of tour to go without! (I have an expired tax credit in Blue Devils and I like to know where he's at on any given day in case he calls needing money.)

Edited by desertrat68

9 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

It will always be DCI East to me!!!  LOL

I'll bet you remember when the helicopters flew over JBC to dry off the field in '84. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'll bet you remember when the helicopters flew over JBC to dry off the field in '84. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. 

I was there LOL

• Like 1