Rehearsal Sites Before DCI East?

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'll bet you remember when the helicopters flew over JBC to dry off the field in '84. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. 

I was there for that!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'll bet you remember when the helicopters flew over JBC to dry off the field in '84. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. 

Wasn't there. But Jeff was. :tongue:

I've actually attended only a handful of DCI East...uhhhh... Eastern Classic... shows in Allentown. LOL 

An iconic venue and a great experience... but for a variety of reasons, just haven't gotten there much. Last visit was 2007, so I'm overdue. Heck... the '07 trip was my first for that show since, what, 1992.  Not a frequent customer. LOL. 

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, xandandl said:

The Wabbits should be on the look out for the deer at Warren Hills particularly at sun-up and sunset. Black bears occasionally may show up as well but like most field judges today, they keep their distance from the formations. Unless you look like a wabbit.

But they'll be safe in the Warren won't they?

Edited by LabMaster

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Wasn't there. But Jeff was. :tongue:

I've actually attended only a handful of DCI East...uhhhh... Eastern Classic... shows in Allentown. LOL 

An iconic venue and a great experience... but for a variety of reasons, just haven't gotten there much. Last visit was 2007, so I'm overdue. Heck... the '07 trip was my first for that show since, what, 1992.  Not a frequent customer. LOL. 

You've been to JBC a lot for DCA, though! 

52 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

But they'll be safe in the Warren won't they?

yes, rabbit holes have been described as warrens for sure.

If the jerseyites can run a fine high school district there, the Arizonans, so used to rattlesnakes and other Western monsters will survive their 24 hours there. 

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

You've been to JBC a lot for DCA, though! 

Yep...quite a bit.  Marching and announcing. LOL

My first year there, in 1977... the place was called Allentown School District Stadium.  Not sure when the J. Birney Crum name was adopted.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, xandandl said:

yes, rabbit holes have been described as warrens for sure.

If the jerseyites can run a fine high school district there, the Arizonans, so used to rattlesnakes and other Western monsters will survive their 24 hours there. 

Jerseyites?  

Us native New Jerseyans beg to differ.  :tongue:

35 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Jerseyites?  

Us native New Jerseyans beg to differ.  :tongue:

It's been changed once you became a Marylander. That's now how one can say jerseyitis to describe the big taxes and huge govt.

30 minutes ago, xandandl said:

It's been changed once you became a Marylander. That's now how one can say jerseyitis to describe the big taxes and huge govt.

Either is better than being a Maxxhole.

Edited by LabMaster