Rehearsal Sites Before DCI East?

I now get to visit Allentown twice a year.  East is always on the schedule unless I go to Finals.  However, the band where I am a volunteer instructor has been competing at USBands - Nationals the past few years and we are going again this year.  I just set up my tailgate across the from the HAM-FAM restaurant and enjoy the conversations every time.

Many a story can and has been told about the Crum-Muncher over the years.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I now get to visit Allentown twice a year.  East is always on the schedule unless I go to Finals.  However, the band where I am a volunteer instructor has been competing at USBands - Nationals the past few years and we are going again this year.  I just set up my tailgate across the from the HAM-FAM restaurant and enjoy the conversations every time.

Many a story can and has been told about the Crum-Muncher over the years.

I'm proud to say I have never lost a show performing there.

Six shows with DCA's Sunrisers... DCA prelims and finals, 1977-78 and 1982... six wins.

Undefeated in Allentown.  LOL.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2017 at 8:53 AM, Terri Schehr said:

It really rained the night before and that morning. 

rain is an understatement. not as bad as the deluge after prelims in 86 tat made finals a standstill....the creek in the park flooded with that

• Like 1

On 7/26/2017 at 10:12 AM, Fran Haring said:

Yep...quite a bit.  Marching and announcing. LOL

My first year there, in 1977... the place was called Allentown School District Stadium.  Not sure when the J. Birney Crum name was adopted.

by the early 80's. He was a former coach and AD in the school district. I know this because we found him in my wife's grandmothers yearbook