Sailing into Annapolis

6 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I hear ya... but it can be roughly the same amount of time if you hit the DC area from Northern Virginia during rush hour. 

I know you live in the area... but I commuted there (Northern VA) for a number of years from Baltimore, and then had a a gig for several years afterward driving numerous clients in and around the area. The clients I brought back from Dulles Airport would actually request the Frederick route because, even though it took just as much if not more time, at least it was scenic and we occasionally could do the speed limit. :tongue:

Summer Fridays were the worst. If we left Dulles on a Friday afternoon, I would tell clients it was a minimum of two hours back to Baltimore/Annapolis. Most of them knew the drill... but one client from out of town asked me if I knew any alternate routes to save time. I told him I probably knew a dozen alternate routes... but they all would take a minimum of two hours, enjoy the ride. LOL

Oh I know. My meaning was, find a closer site lol

the school they are at is a great one, but there are other great ones much closer

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Oh I know. My meaning was, find a closer site lol

the school they are at is a great one, but there are other great ones much closer

I hear that, George!!!  You need a travel agent to get from there to Annapolis.  LOL

1 minute ago, Fran Haring said:

I hear that, George!!!  You need a travel agent to get from there to Annapolis.  LOL

Or a helicopter. Or in this case about 40 helicopters 

Just now, George Dixon said:

Or a helicopter. Or in this case about 40 helicopters 

LOL!!!   Man... if I could have taken a chopper down from Baltimore, I might still be working there. :tongue:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Wow that's fantastic! 

I really wish I could! Unfortunately orientation for my new school happens to start on Monday so I won't be able to make it. 

And then the hammer falls! Actually, they didn't really lay into us until the following week. I'll never forget my first day of Gross Anatomy. Good luck!

Just now, year1buick said:

And then the hammer falls! Actually, they didn't really lay into us until the following week. I'll never forget my first day of Gross Anatomy. Good luck!

We start Gross Anatomy from day one. It's supposedly the most intensive course at our school so that should be fun 

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

We start Gross Anatomy from day one. It's supposedly the most intensive course at our school so that should be fun 

We did too. And an embryology lecture, no less. The ######## used an actual slide projector, so we couldn't download it and he FLEW through them. We all looked like deer caught in headlights. He finished and everyone was like, WTF just happened? It was definitely the hardest I've ever had. But the coolest, too. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Huh? They go from there to Frederick (340/15N) in 70E down 29S, 100W, 97S

It's still 90 miles

I get avoiding DC traffic but that's a 215-230 hour each way

They have done it before and are returning again this year. It usually takes an hour and a half to two hours to make the run.  I do the drive several times a year as well.

Let me assure you, we take care of the corps and the facility is top notch.  If your in the area, stop on by Monday night and see for yourself.

13 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

Thank you for hosting them (and advertising out that people are welcome to come water)!! I'm hoping a couple of the kids from the HS band I work with show up.  A few of them went to see Crown when they came through the area after the 4th.

I was happy to host Crown earlier this month at Loudoun Valley across town.  Even in the rain, we still had a couple hundred people in the stands for rehearsal that evening.

Your students are always welcome and I hope they enjoy (and learn) while they are at Woodgrove.

54 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Let me assure you, we take care of the corps and the facility is top notch.  If your in the area, stop on by Monday night and see for yourself.

Geez no one is suggesting the corps isn't taken care of. I was just saying it is far and traffic is bad, sometimes horrific, even in the case of the Frederick route bypass