Sailing into Annapolis

32 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Geez no one is suggesting the corps isn't taken care of. I was just saying it is far and traffic is bad, sometimes horrific, even in the case of the Frederick route bypass 

I didn't mean it in a negative way.  I was just referring to the rehearsal site being worth the trip.  Two turf fields and remote as to not have traffic noise impacting rehearsal.

51 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I didn't mean it in a negative way.  I was just referring to the rehearsal site being worth the trip.  Two turf fields and remote as to not have traffic noise impacting rehearsal.

For me, just getting the opportunity to see the mighty Blue Devils in action was worth the trip last year... and hopefully again this year!!

I have never seen a corps use its time more efficiently and effectively as does BD. The best in the business. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

It's a great site. No doubt 

Despite this being the third summer I've lived in the DC area, this is the first time I'm doing this show (I usually drive up to Allentown and visit family--and I'm doing that again this year). I'm also taking a friend to her first live show, after she enjoyed the theater broadcast last year. Any tips/tricks for doing the show (where to park, etc.)?

I'm planning on leaving from DC rather early (5:30-ish or earlier depending on traffic)--we're both on the east side of the Beltway, so won't have to fight through that too much, but Route 50 can get gnarly.

This will be the official thread for this event

All times local venue and subject to change.

3:00 p.m. Box Office Opens
6:30 p.m. Thunder Brigade Drum & Bugle Corps- Gaithersburg, MD
6:40 p.m. Sonus Brass Theater - Woodbridge, VA
7:00 p.m. Welcome & National Anthem
7:08 p.m. Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI
7:25 p.m. Spirit of Atlanta - Atlanta, GA
7:42 p.m. Jersey Surf - Camden County, NJ
7:59 p.m. Madison Scouts - Madison, WI
8:16 p.m. The Academy - Tempe, AZ
8:33 p.m. Blue Devils - Concord, CA
8:50 p.m. The Cadets - Allentown, PA
9:07 p.m. CADETS2 - Allentown, PA

1 hour ago, DrumScorps said:

This will be the official thread for this event

All times local venue and subject to change.

9:07 p.m. CADETS2 - Allentown, PA

I believe Mr. Hopkins indicated on Facebook today that Cadets2 would not be participating after all.

Several hundred in the crowd at Woodgrove HS with The Blue Devils open rehearsal. I love hosting drum corps!!!!!!!!

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Eleran said:

I believe Mr. Hopkins indicated on Facebook today that Cadets2 would not be participating after all.

that's the second recent show from which C2 withdrew, the other being Everett.

That weekend they spent practicing. Next show they did after had them in a midrange point for DCA. A rebuilding year shall we say. I wonder if this withdrawal is due to the fact that Napolis is a midweek show and mms and faculty may not be available. Could be a housing thing too.