Sailing into Annapolis

We are just a week out from the only competition in the DC area.  We look forward to this show every year and the fact that it is at Navy-Marine Corps stadium makes it all the better.  The extended forecast couldn't be better.  High in the mid 80s with light winds.  I hope we can continue to put a huge crowd at the stadium and really build up this show.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

My condolences to Cappybara, dds2b, on the loss of this viewing opportunity in his own back yard. Someone please be sure to record this show for him. His West Coast favorite corps will be so disappointed that they can't perform in person for him. He will be checking out whether his dental assistants arranged his new digs just as he prescribed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xandandl said:

My condolences to Cappybara, dds2b, on the loss of this viewing opportunity in his own back yard. Someone please be sure to record this show for him. His West Coast favorite corps will be so disappointed that they can't perform in person for him. He will be checking out whether his dental assistants arranged his new digs just as he prescribed.

The corps from one bay area to another.

Do I have a toothache?:lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

The corps from one bay area to another.

Do I have a toothache?:lol:

Eat those crabcakes on the other side of the mouth. Old Bay seasoning has cloves so it might work.

oldbay75thlimitededitioncanimage.ashx?vd=20140529T143801Z&hash=EDD00D1CE53F6BE4A79BCDA18448D000FF884A07

Edited by xandandl

Fran put out a request on another thred for host locations in the DC area before this show. I am hosting the Blue Devils and only one other corps has been posted.  Can anyone help the guy out with others?

The Academy - High Point H.S., Beltsville MD

Blue Devils - Woodgrove H.S., Purcellville, VA

Cadets - Competition Site (Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, Annapolis, MD)

Cadets2 - ????

Jersey Surf - ????

Madison Scouts - ????

Pioneer - ????

Spirit of Atlanta - ????

Edited by Old Corps Guy

Purcellville's quite a drive to Annapolis when you account for traffic circling around D.C. Interesting that BD's staying there

Edited by Cappybara

9 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Purcellville's quite a drive to Annapolis when you account for traffic circling around D.C. Interesting that BD's staying there

This is the third time BD is staying with us.  They actually avoid DC by going the northern route via Frederick, MD.  We have a great facility with a principal that loves drum corps. They are returning this year after the Annapolis show.

Our school is located on over 100 acres of land and is only 7 years old.  I give them full use of the stadium and we have another football practice field on the other side of the campus.

I actually hosted the Cavaliers (FMM '80) as well at this facility.  We were the school that got them after the Southeast sickness a couple years ago.  The new facility allowed them all they needed to get healthy before they left for Allentown. 

We also make a big deal of hosting and get several hundred people to attend the Monday evening rehearsal.  A good time for both the marchers and our students.

Feel free to come out Monday night and watch the corps.  It is so worth it.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

This is the third time BD is staying with us.  They actually avoid DC by going the northern route via Frederick, MD.  We have a great facility with a principal that loves drum corps. They are returning this year after the Annapolis show.

Our school is located on over 100 acres of land and is only 7 years old.  I give them full use of the stadium and we have another football practice field on the other side of the campus.

I actually hosted the Cavaliers (FMM '80) as well at this facility.  We were the school that got them after the Southeast sickness a couple years ago.  The new facility allowed them all they needed to get healthy before they left for Allentown. 

We also make a big deal of hosting and get several hundred people to attend the Monday evening rehearsal.  A good time for both the marchers and our students.

Feel free to come out Monday night and watch the corps.  It is so worth it.

Wow that's fantastic! 

I really wish I could! Unfortunately orientation for my new school happens to start on Monday so I won't be able to make it. 

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Wow that's fantastic! 

I really wish I could! Unfortunately orientation for my new school happens to start on Monday so I won't be able to make it. 

The best time to come by is in the evening.  6:30 - 9:30 is the estimated time frame.  You might still be able to make that after orientation.  We will even have our concessions stand open if you aren't able to get something to eat before the rehearsal.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

The best time to come by is in the evening.  6:30 - 9:30 is the estimated time frame.  You might still be able to make that after orientation.  We will even have our concessions stand open if you aren't able to get something to eat before the rehearsal.

Great idea to open concessions for practice! 

• Like 1