8:01 p.m. Les Stentors - Sherbrooke,
8:17 p.m. Guardians - Houston, TX
8:33 p.m. Intermission
8:53 p.m. Music City - Nashville, TN
9:10 p.m. Vanguard Cadets - Santa Clara, CA
9:26 p.m. Legends - Kalamazoo, MI

Ugh!  Southwind going on first again. 

Good luck to all the Corps tonight!

they're always going to go on first, until either next season, or they make finals.  its how the system is set up. 

Re: Southwind going first - how do you think their place in the program affects them?  Is it scoring - i.e., the judges score the first corps harder than the last?  Audience isn't peppy yet?  I'm just curious what it is about Southwind going on first that made you say "Ugh!" CrownBariDad.  Blessings!

1 hour ago, C.Holland said:

they're always going to go on first, until either next season, or they make finals.  its how the system is set up. 

Yep -- I know.  Sigh!

2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Ugh!  Southwind going on first again. 

Good luck to all the Corps tonight!

Re: Southwind going first - how do you think their place in the program affects them?  Is it scoring - i.e., the judges score the first corps harder than the last?  Audience isn't peppy yet?  I'm just curious what it is about Southwind going on first that made you say "Ugh!" CrownBariDad.  Blessings!

15 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Just wanted them to play later in the evening (under the lights) and for a little bigger crowd -- just like I wish for Les Stentors or Pioneer. 

So looking forward to seeing how Guardians have cleaned tonight!  San Antonio I think scored them a bit artificially low, as there were 24 other corps to fit in above them.  Tonight should give them a truer idea of where they stand.  And it's a heck of a murderer's row - Vanguard, Music City and Legends are 3 of the top 4, then Southwind tailgating 'em.  Ought to be fun!  I hope folks can give updates tonight.  And if you're there, cheer for my kiddo (backfield conductor on the right)!

Mike

• Like 1

From Santa Clara Vanguards Facebook page:

A Vanguard Cadets box truck was involved in an accident this morning in Argyle, IA. The truck was the only vehicle involved in the accident, and the driver is in good condition at a local hospital where he should be released later today.

The vehicle was carrying props, sound equipment and auxiliary percussion equipment at the time of the accident. The Vanguard Cadets are in route to perform at their show to the best of their ability despite the lack of this equipment.

Best of luck to them and I hope the driver has a speedy recovery, doesn't sound like anything too major.  

• Like 1

Yes I have a friend in SCVC and they said that the sound equipment is thought to be pretty jacked. They completely lost a speaker for sure. Props are thought to actually be decently ok. They won't be able to access the truck again until later in the weekend or towards the end of the week though.

Since the show is pretty reliant on electronics and the props, I think these next two shows may be rough for a while until they figure it out. He said the corps is in good spirits now after a rallying from the director and they are determined to kick butt tonight!

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2