Cape Girardeau, MO - July 26, 2017

8 minutes ago, IBTwist said:

Yes I have a friend in SCVC and they said that the sound equipment is thought to be pretty jacked. They completely lost a speaker for sure. Props are thought to actually be decently ok. They won't be able to access the truck again until later in the weekend or towards the end of the week though.

Since the show is pretty reliant on electronics and the props, I think these next two shows may be rough for a while until they figure it out. He said the corps is in good spirits now after a rallying from the director and they are determined to kick butt tonight!

posted from the DrumScorps app

Dang, that blows.  These are the kinds of moments though that can really put members/staff at their best though.  Adversity and challenges can pull out the best in people.  Hope they do in fact kick butt.  

Well, that's a shame. I have no doubt the performers will do all they can, though.

18 minutes ago, IBTwist said:

Yes I have a friend in SCVC and they said that the sound equipment is thought to be pretty jacked. They completely lost a speaker for sure. Props are thought to actually be decently ok. They won't be able to access the truck again until later in the weekend or towards the end of the week though.

Since the show is pretty reliant on electronics and the props, I think these next two shows may be rough for a while until they figure it out. He said the corps is in good spirits now after a rallying from the director and they are determined to kick butt tonight!

I hope they go on tonight with no electronic & win by, say, 8 points, thus proving that one doesn't need all this stuff to compete.

52 minutes ago, IBTwist said:

I hadn't heard about this at all; I will text my son (VC trumpet) to get an update if possible. Dang!

My "report from the front" indicates the front barriers got damaged, some sound equipment lost and minor damage to the big heavy props. Staff went out earlier today to secure new sound equipment. The director gave them an "Excellence in All Things" speech and yes, they are still pumped.

• Like 4

Southwind sounded great. Had some screamers and really fun sectional solos.

Les Stentors tried hard. I think all the horns doubled on battery at some point. Made the corp seem bigger than they were. Forgot to take a photo.

Guardians had a really fun/hip show. Ball caps and sunglasses. Not a fan of all the Kanye voice overs, but I'm a 40 year old fart. Music and props were great.

Intermission now.

• Like 2