Cape Girardeau, MO - July 26, 2017

Thank you for posting these photos, jme!  I can't travel to the Mainland as I am recovering from surgery so the action shots are much appreciated! Was that double arc for SCVC part of their show, or encore?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TRacer said:

Thank you for posting these photos, jme!  I can't travel to the Mainland as I am recovering from surgery so the action shots are much appreciated! Was that double arc for SCVC part of their show, or encore?

That was the encore. They just played their entire show again. It was wonderful!

19 minutes ago, TRacer said:

mend well. don't get your Bp up reviewing too many recaps. :) :)

This was the first show ever here in Cape Girardeau. We're the biggest town between St. Louis and Memphis, but only 37k. The stands were probably 2/3 full or so. Maybe a bit less. I think the combination of the extreme mugginess and this being the first time most people had seen a drum corps were why it was a bit dead. I got em clapping a few time :)

I hope they made enough money to justify DCI bringing another show back again next year. I was really nice driving 10 minutes instead of 4 hours to the big Nashville show..haha.

Edited by jmeuphonium
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

. . .and from the scores, the Vanguard Cadets just moved into first place.  Blue Devils B doesn't perform again until Saturday.  I hope VC enjoys first place for awhile!

Second place if you count The Company--but we still don't know how DCUK/DCE scores compare to DCI's.

My son said they torched the stadium and in their eyes the crowd reaction was fantastic so my thanks to you spectators and posters! He said they performed without props and some sound equipment "...just like you did back in the day, Dad!"  :inlove:

One of their visual staff posted a video on YT; whenever you see the super-tight clumps that's where the MMs are behind the missing (they were calling them "invisible") props. :cheer:

Search YT for "SCVC @ Cape Giradeau, MO"