Pioneers need our help

I hope the reason that the total isn't going up as quickly as it should is because people are having trouble with the chuffed site and going directly to the corps' site. My first attempt was rejected after I tried to use my PayPal account. On my second attempt, I skipped PayPal and just used my credit card, and my payment went through.

I didn't understand Pioneer's philosophy in my earliest days of watching drum corps, but my son set me straight his rookie year - I got quite the tongue-lashing for suggesting they didn't belong in World Class. Now that I get to see them later in the season, I see just how much they teach those kids, and it's really impressive.

Accidents happen, and insurance stinks....help these kids out!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, copyright said:

Since the Chuffed site was being difficult when paying through PayPal, I went directly to the pioneer website and donated through paypal (less fees).

It should be noted that Pioneer has been touring for years rarely asking for money (some corps are better at that than others). Each year they have asked, I have given because I know that they stretch every dollar as far as they (Roman) can. As much as we can do to sustain corps through donations, the better.  

https://pioneer-corps.org/contribute/make-a-donation.html

Thanks. It was easier to make a donation at that link than the other.

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone that has contributed so far.  In addition to the $995 raised through Chuffed, we have also received $400 in contributions via our website.

As previously mentioned in this thread, you can also contribute direct to the corps using this link:

Edited by PioneerWebmaster
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, mcjordansc said:

Insurance should pay for this, no? I think they saw how Legends did on their campaign and decided to give it a try. 

This is a fair question.  While the vehicle was properly insured, insurance will only provide us with a fair market value for the RV.  That amount likely will not cover the cost of a replacement RV.  In addition, the cost of the 5 cranes & manpower required to recover the RV may not be fully covered by insurance (the costs may exceed what the insurance company deems to be a "reasonable cost").   

• Like 2

I recently purchased my Allentown Flight and Show tickets, Had car trouble and than emergency dental surgery, so I am tapped out, but one thing that I can do is Share the fundraiser on my FB. So even if you cant give right now, share the page! I know a couple weeks back i donated my Birthday to BAC and made $200 in one day, so I know there are people who will donate to Pioneer on mine. Share on yours!! help them out!! I will also buy a shirt at Allentown, and toss something in the donation bucket. I am sorry I cant do more.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they're having a "pass the hat" pail at their souvie stand ?

I know corps have  done that to help out with fuel costs.

That would get the attention of a lot of people who don't follow Drum Corps that closely.

Edited by rpbobcat

16 hours ago, PioneerWebmaster said:

Thank you to everyone that has contributed so far.  In addition to the $995 raised through Chuffed, we have also received $400 in contributions via our website.

As previously mentioned in this thread, you can also contribute direct to the corps using this link:

Thanks. I too found it easier to donate through the website link here and knowing a fundraising website doesn't take (or add) a percentage was nice.  Keep us updated on the progress so we can cheer when you get the new camper!