Pioneers need our help

1 hour ago, mcjordansc said:

Insurance should pay for this, no? I think they saw how Legends did on their campaign and decided to give it a try. 

Exactly what I was thinking. Surely the vehicle was insured right?

I swear some people don't read...

From the fundraising campaign page linked in the OP:

"While we must continue on with our performance commitments, we are now down this vehicle and have had to make other sleeping arrangements for our staff and director. We are hoping that our insurance will help us recover, but do need to raise additional funds to help us get down the road and to our end of season championship in Indiana."

and

"The camper has been declared "totaled" by the insurance and with the corps currently on the road, the organization cannot replace it while still providing properly for the young adults who comprise the drum corps."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

I swear some people don't read...

From the fundraising campaign page linked in the OP:

"While we must continue on with our performance commitments, we are now down this vehicle and have had to make other sleeping arrangements for our staff and director. We are hoping that our insurance will help us recover, but do need to raise additional funds to help us get down the road and to our end of season championship in Indiana."

and

"The camper has been declared "totaled" by the insurance and with the corps currently on the road, the organization cannot replace it while still providing properly for the young adults who comprise the drum corps."

Thank you.  And I'm pretty sure they won't get enough from the insurance to replace it without adding a chunk of cash.  Happy to see +$500 raised since I first posted this.  Let's keep the love going for Pioneers.

• Like 3

Donated!  I'm glad no one was seriously hurt.

When did Pioneer become Pioneers?:spitting:

Done. While Pioneer is often criticized for not being competitive enough, I like the idea that they will take in anybody who is willing to try hard - not unlike most of the drum corps back in my marching days.

• Like 4

Done, and wishing Pioneer the best of luck for these last two weeks. Finish strong!

49 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

When did Pioneer become Pioneers?:spitting:

right about the same time Legends became The Legends!

• Like 1