Pioneers need our help

Since the Chuffed site was being difficult when paying through PayPal, I went directly to the pioneer website and donated through paypal (less fees).

It should be noted that Pioneer has been touring for years rarely asking for money (some corps are better at that than others). Each year they have asked, I have given because I know that they stretch every dollar as far as they (Roman) can. As much as we can do to sustain corps through donations, the better.  

https://pioneer-corps.org/contribute/make-a-donation.html

• Like 9

1 hour ago, copyright said:

Since the Chuffed site was being difficult when paying through PayPal, I went directly to the pioneer website and donated through paypal (less fees).

It should be noted that Pioneer has been touring for years rarely asking for money (some corps are better at that than others). Each year they have asked, I have given because I know that they stretch every dollar as far as they (Roman) can. As much as we can do to sustain corps through donations, the better.  

https://pioneer-corps.org/contribute/make-a-donation.html

Thanks for the posting this. I followed your lead and likewise made a donation through PayPal. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mrk said:

Thanks for the posting this. I followed your lead and likewise made a donation through PayPal. 

The fundraising link provided was linked to PayPal but for some reason every time I got to the processing screen there was an error.

Either way - it helps Pio!     As a FMM of Pio, I thank you!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Northern Thunder said:

Some people just like to be a pain in the 's'.:12_slight_smile:

I excell at it. Just ask Flammaster... :laughing:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mcjordansc said:

Insurance should pay for this, no? I think they saw how Legends did on their campaign and decided to give it a try. 

9 hours ago, SFZFAN said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Surely the vehicle was insured right?

you guys understand insurance only gives you the "value" of the vehicle right?  If you total your car that ran great but your insurance says it is only worth $2k, then that is how much money you get.  Can you replace that value that you lost (a fully operational car) with that $2k?  Unlikely.

• Like 3

While I, as some others, have donated anonymously, and there is no way of checking the few funds collected through the Pioneer website, it is interesting that Chuffed is showing that a mere $875 has been collected as of my posting.  This amount is for a corps that has a history of living within their means for a large number of years, and has just had a wreck requiring a little loving support from the drum corps community.  Below is an excerpt from an article in Halftime Magazine about Pioneer published in 2011 for you to consider:

Halftime: "How has the corps overcome this (2011 downturn in bingo) financial setback?"

Blenski: "We’ve made significant cutbacks in things that we want, staff that we’ve hired. Our equipment was in pretty good shape. … This year we just didn’t buy anything."

Halftime: "What are the corps’ future goals?"

Blenski: "Our particular goal is to stay evenly balanced, keep our finances under control and to continue to perform at a very high level,…"

Irrespective of what people may or may not think about Roman and his interesting personality :sigh:, for all you who are altruistic kid loving folks that claim you want corps in DCI who look out for the youth by living within their financial means, where is your $30,000 for a corps who has shown that responsibility over the years when they actually have an emergency accident? So, let's get this to the $30,000 mark.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Stu said:

While I, as some others, have donated anonymously, and there is no way of checking the few funds collected through the Pioneer website, it is interesting that Chuffed is showing that a mere $875 has been collected as of my posting.  This amount is for a corps that has a history of living within their means for a large number of years, and has just had a wreck requiring a little loving support from the drum corps community.  Below is an excerpt from an article in Halftime Magazine about Pioneer published in 2011 for you to consider:

Halftime: "How has the corps overcome this (2011 downturn in bingo) financial setback?"

Blenski: "We’ve made significant cutbacks in things that we want, staff that we’ve hired. Our equipment was in pretty good shape. … This year we just didn’t buy anything."

Halftime: "What are the corps’ future goals?"

Blenski: "Our particular goal is to stay evenly balanced, keep our finances under control and to continue to perform at a very high level,…"

Irrespective of what people may or may not think about Roman and his interesting personality :sigh:, for all you who are altruistic kid loving folks that claim you want corps in DCI who look out for the youth by living within their financial means, where is your $30,000 for a corps who has shown that responsibility over the years when they actually have an emergency accident? So, let's get this to the $30,000 mark.

Excellent point.   I donated.   Hoping more do the same!

https://www.chuffed.org/project/pioneer-staff-camper-vehicle#

• Like 3

13 hours ago, SFZFAN said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Surely the vehicle was insured right?

As someone who has experienced the total loss of a vehicle, 99 times out of 100, the insured gets a hosing from the insurance company.  Usually it's best if the vehicle doesn't get totaled and receive insurance funds to repair.  It's unfortunate but much the reality.

https://www.chuffed.org/project/pioneer-staff-camper-vehicle#

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 3