The Masters of the Summer Music Games - Nashville, TN - July 28th

Just now, trumpetcam said:

Hard to call 3rd in Brass with an 18.1 a weak point, but every tenth matters at this point. SCV Brass is great and has improved leaps and bounds this year. That's a freaking hard show!! Good for them. What a last two weeks we have in store!

Well yeah. But is the place where they're consistently not hitting 1 or 2 ordinals. When it comes to tenths, the little gaps are the work points. 

• Like 1

Glad to see Phantom inching closer to Cadets and continuing above BK! Their visual program is really carrying them this year. With a young corps, they're surpassing expectations

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, johnpendell said:

What's up with BKs scores... disappoints me the judges don't see what I do.. a show that's extremely underrated. 

Their visual program is holding them back sadly. Their music is phenomenal imo, glad they were over Cadets and Phantom in that regard tonight.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, just_another_fanatic said:

Me thinks this bodes well for SCV, seeing is that this was their first time performing the new closer. Once it gets clean, it'll be interesting how they compete against BD. SCV's brass is going to be the biggest factor in deciding if they come in 1st or 2nd come finals week. Mark my words 

Agreed. If SCV brass tightens in just a bit more and BD gets 3rd or 4th in ensemble, we could have a 2008 all over again. 

Edited by trumpetcam
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

TBR won't allow it. 

Why not?   Did they not like the revenue, or the fact that they actually put MTSU on the map since nobody has ever heard of the place?