The Masters of the Summer Music Games - Nashville, TN - July 28th

1 minute ago, trumpetcam said:

They've actually been in 3rd for the last few shows against SCV and Crown. The bass synth is half of the problem, it's deafeningly loud. 

Must've missed that, good catch. 

How sure are you that bass synth is the issue? I do think BD has too much of it in the opener, but BD's staff is way too competent to keep the levels that high if it was actually hurting their scores

3 minutes ago, jsd said:

You are better than me. 

I am ###### at Jay Kennedy

Why? BD was 4th in this same caption last weekend.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

How sure are you that bass synth is the issue? I do think BD has too much of it in the opener, but BD's staff is way too competent to keep the levels that high if it was actually hurting their scores

Maybe now they'll tone it down. The rest of their music is so clean that the bass levels only seem like the reasonable option

And it was too loud for the whole show. Not just the opener.

Edited by kinetic inferno11
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Yeah, I don't know. It's hot in the mix at times, but there must be a number of things going on to be 4th in analysis. Who gets cleaner faster, SCV Brass or BD Analysis? I'm sure SCV is so motivated right now and hungry. It's been 18 years and they have a real shot. Both corps having a huge anniversary, how cool is this? Exciting season for West Coast!

• Like 4

Just now, kinetic inferno11 said:

Maybe now they'll tone it down. The rest of their music is so clean that the bass levels only seem like the reasonable option

Agreed BD will make the adjustment. The rest of the captions they are just fine. And that BD brass!!! Let's go!!!

• Like 3

I'll write a full review tomorrow. Too tired tonight. Overall another wonderful night of DCI. Crown going first was kinda a bummer, but they showed up anyways.

50 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Snares

Ah, okay. I was pretty sure it was a corps proper uniform spinning in the middle.

17 minutes ago, DCImonkey said:

Why not?   Did they not like the revenue, or the fact that they actually put MTSU on the map since nobody has ever heard of the place?  

A top notch and highly rated aviation program there...

• Like 1