Amplify THIS ! !

oh and it's a pleasure this year to hear Boston's baritone soloist WITHOUT any amps.  Thank you!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I can't understand how folks either 1. ignore that the sound is artificial or 2. can't discern the difference. or 3. can discern the difference and just don't care. 

Folks are NEVER going to convince me that there is anything BETTER than acoustic brass sound in this medium. NEVER!

I am category 3 but it's a bit more nuanced than that. I wouldn't say I don't care, as I do have a preference for acoustic. But I am not annoyed by it enough to throw a fit or complain about it. In a lot of cases, I actually like what I hear from mic'd solos. 

I'm not trying to, nor do I want to waste my energy trying to, convince you of anything. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

46 minutes ago, Liahona said:

oh and it's a pleasure this year to hear Boston's baritone soloist WITHOUT any amps.  Thank you!

Didn't they have to mic Boston's 2014 ballad soloist after they spent half the season presenting a solo that could only be heard by a third of the audience? 

11 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Didn't they have to mic Boston's 2014 ballad soloist after they spent half the season presenting a solo that could only be heard by a third of the audience? 

Did you EVER hear me say I LOVED that solo? So what's the point? I hated Boston's voice overs last season. I can name numerous other elements I have not liked about Boston's productions over the years...and some things mic'd I did not like either...

I'm not sure how far your live experience goes back with drumcorps...One solo that I thought was absolutely marvelous was the baritone that played "bring him home"in 2011 with Boston...I thought it was even better than the mello that played it for SCV in 2013...although that solo was very nice as well..both acoustic

Edited by Liahona

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

Did you EVER hear me say I LOVED that solo? So what's the point? I hated Boston's voice overs last season. I can name numerous other elements I have not liked about Boston's productions over the years...and some things mic'd I did not like either...

I'm not sure how far your live experience goes back with drumcorps...One solo that I thought was absolutely marvelous was the baritone that played "bring him home"in 2011 with Boston...I thought it was even better than the mello that played it for SCV in 2013...although that solo was very nice as well..both acoustic

You missed my point entirely because you felt being defensive about Boston was more important. 

My point was that that was a moment in which a mic was necessary and beneficial to a drum corps production. And it also helped establish the sorrowful and dark mood that the corps was going for in the ballad. It was quite fantastic, one of my favorite Boston shows in their history. 

Just now, Cappybara said:

You missed my point entirely because you felt being defensive about Boston was more important. 

My point was that that was a moment in which a mic was necessary and beneficial to a drum corps production. And it also helped establish the sorrowful and dark mood that the corps was going for in the ballad. It was quite fantastic, one of my favorite Boston shows in their history. 

You are darn right I will be defensive about Boston...you can take that to the bank!

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I didn't care for it...but I guess it worked for the girl that was playing it...by your account...

One of the GE Brass judges at a CA show earlier in July suggested on his tape during a smaller OC corps' performance that they ought to mic the entire hornline "...so that we can hear them." That ain't right. 

19 minutes ago, TRacer said:

One of the GE Brass judges at a CA show earlier in July suggested on his tape during a smaller OC corps' performance that they ought to mic the entire hornline "...so that we can hear them." That ain't right. 

WOW...just WOW

here ya go...only a shy less than 500K

opera-s.jpg

Edited by Liahona

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Well, when you don't know any better I suppose it was a great moment for you and others of your ilk to be sure.  I wont't waste my energy, experience and knowledge trying to convince you there are better ways.

Edited by Mello Dude