Metamora, IL - July 28, 2017

Metamora Music in Motion

Metamora, IL | Friday, July 28, 2017

LINEUP & TIMES

All times local venue and subject to change.

5:00 p.m. Box Office Opens
7:00 p.m. Welcome & National Anthem
7:08 p.m. Southwind - Mobile, AL
7:24 p.m. Les Stentors - Sherbrooke,
7:40 p.m. Shadow - Oregon, WI
7:56 p.m. Colt Cadets - Dubuque, IA
8:12 p.m. Intermission
8:32 p.m. Guardians - Houston, TX
8:48 p.m. Legends - Kalamazoo, MI
9:04 p.m. Vanguard Cadets - Santa Clara, CA
9:20 p.m. Blue Devils B - Concord, CA
  • Like 1

Guardians did not jump in score like I thought they would the other night.  The corps apparently has been battling various illnesses and can't seem to escape the brutal heat.  Last couple of days have been better for them, so here's hoping they start to move up.  :thumbs-up:  This starts a stretch for them of 6 shows in 10 days, and it sounds like they're more than ready to go!

If you're there, please cheer extra hard for the backfield conductor on the right - that's my kiddo!

Mike

• Like 5

I think this is the first meet-up of BDB and SCVC since they headed east from the CA shows.  Interested to see how things stack up with the other non-West coast Corps.

As always -- GO SOUTHWIND!!!

• Like 3

This starts a stretch for them of 6 shows in 10 days, and it sounds like they're more than ready to go!

If you're there, please cheer extra hard for the backfield conductor on the right - that's my kiddo!

I'll be cheering for them and your kid at Michigan City. :cheer: I loved the Guardians last year, I can't wait to see them again. Hope they do well...as long as they don't outscore 7th Regiment...that's my home team lol.

Good luck to them regardless.

• Like 1

This high school is my alma mater.  If you are there, ask one of the show volunteers to let you into the band hall.  That high school has a huge competitive history in the Illinois marching band and drum corps circuits.  I was there for my 25th reunion a few years back and the trophies from the 80s still line the walls.  Back in the day 1/4 of the school population was in the marching band, and we used to do halftime shows at NFL football games.  There have been a lot of big time marching bands and drum corps grace that stadium.  Last year I got to watch my two Genesis MMs march on my old field.   Go Redbirds!

And of course go Guardians - gotta support our Texas kids! 

• Like 3