The Official DCI Southeastern Championship Thread - July 29, 2017

1 minute ago, Slingerland said:

I really WANT to like this show, but in the end, having seen it several times, live and on stream, it just feels like there's no shape to it - it kind of meanders to the point of disinterest.

It's not that it's lacking a shape... it's that it's a Looney Tunes cartoon story show, and it's just not FUNNY enough. 

Also, this Habanera section is just too slow. Too brash to be a ballad, not enough oomph to be anything else.

Academy takes me back to my childhood. Big *** bowl of cereal and Saturday morning cartoons. Doesn't get better than that!

• Like 6

####### RIGHT, BASSES!

• Like 1

Can't wait to see this one live...I have a feeling the cameras aren't catching half of the stuff that's going on.

• Like 1

Bad Words!!!  I have Flo, but just tried to get in to see Academy.  Forgot.  We are traveling .... and we are in Kimberley, BC .... Canada.

And no Flo if you are not in the US.  I guess I'll experience this show via DCP.  I can still see that in Canada!

BIG sound on Anvil Chorus!

Wow.  Academy is selling this show much better now.  They're finding the bits they want to punch as high points and show stoppers.  It's not a bad show by any means, but it's suffering in some regard from not being the homerun design of last year as far as show flow goes.   It's a much better technical vehicle to showcase their talent though!

• Like 3

Okay, the Anvil Chorus hit me the right way this week. It certainly didn't do that in SA.

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

Academy takes me back to my childhood. Big *** bowl of cereal and Saturday morning cartoons. Doesn't get better than that!

You know it. Saturday morning cartoons

• Like 2

Were those keyboard players splitting those runs?