The Official DCI Southeastern Championship Thread - July 29, 2017

Just now, George Dixon said:

right now 2015 is the best 4th place ever - IMHO

100% true. Cadets 2015 will go down as one of, if not the best 4th place show ever.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Very clear top four this year. The staging, sound, design, drill and concepts are a full step above the rest. And four quite different approaches, too. I'm glad I got to see all four live, because you definitely get to draw proper conclusions...especially at a show as huge as Nashville is now. After last night, and again tonight online, I still say:

1. SCV

2. Bluecoats

3. Devils

4. Crown

My guess is BD and coats will be flipped at the end.

1 minute ago, BoaDci said:

Whoever gets fourth, will have the best fourth place show ever. 

"Finis" has held that title for me for a while now...maybe this year it changes?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, lastknight said:

Please learn the difference between FACT and OPINION....then post in polite society.

Uh. It's a fact they don't march. Very little anyway. Especially compared to the other top corps, including open class corps

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rrunyon1 said:

First of all I am a CC lover. I think they bring something special to the activity. They have made something very different with there production this yr and I just don't think it works. As I've said I love them, it is just to muddled. I don't enjoy their experiment and find it lacking emotional depth. I don't fault the performers. 

Yeah, and the yard line thing definitely does nothing for the show. It's confusing and cluttered, and a bit cliche imo.

I turned a corner on so many shows tonight........SO MANY GOOD CHANGES!  So many shows were electric!  This season turned a huge corner for me tonight.  I was kinda in the "This is a down season" crowd for a little bit but ESPECIALLY starting with Cadets and it peaked at Blue Devils.........everyone just seemed like they were on a new level tonight.  So many amazing shows and moments.........some shows made me feel ways tonight that very few do.  It was magical.  I only wish this had happened for me live in Texas! 

• Like 3