The Official DCI Southeastern Championship Thread - July 29, 2017

Great job to all corps tonight! The level just continues to improve and these kids are impressive. Everyone seems to be an expert and critic, but they continue to raise the standard despite adversity! Drum corps is healthy and the standard is high!

posted from the DrumScorps app

Spirit seems to be on the right track. They are scoring well, certainly improved over last year, and watching this encore, they appear very young. I hope the kids are having a great summer and they stay together for a few years, 

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Yeah, and the yard line thing definitely does nothing for the show. It's confusing and cluttered, and a bit cliche imo.

The one wish I had with the yard line deconstruction was that they treated those moved lines as the actual yard lines and adjusted the drill and movements accordingly. It would be CRAZY difficult to learn and clean but think the effect could have been pretty cool...maybe?

4th goes to CC. It's BC 4th, BD 2nd and then SCV 1st. SCV is the best in every area. It is not a choice it is a fact. None of the others do the work that SCV does. It is marvelous what SCV does. I have said that SCV has a show that will be remembered forever in DCI and I stand by it. 

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

right now 2015 is the best 4th place ever - IMHO

You are correct,  sir (imo).

Edited by FLBuzcut

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

I dunno.  Last year's Force of Nature was insanely good and enjoyable for a 4th place show too.  The fourth place has been incredibly strong for a number of years now.

2013 SCV as well.

• Like 1

Just now, wilme861 said:

The one wish I had with the yard line deconstruction was that they treated those moved lines as the actual yard lines and adjusted the drill and movements accordingly. It would be CRAZY difficult to learn and clean but think the effect could have been pretty cool...maybe?

I could get behind that more so than what they are doing.

It just looks like a bunch of white poles on the field to me, as of now...