At what point is the upset no longer an upset?

So I think at this point it'd be a safe bet (not a guarantee) to say that Blue Devils and Vanguard will be 1 and 2, with the order to be decided. Blue Devils are still undefeated, if I'm not mistaken, but they had their closest gap last night with Vanguard being back only .1 points. A lot of people are wondering if Vanguard will be able to "pull the upset" and win gold, but just for the sake of conversation, let's say that Vanguard sweeps BD from now til Championships, meaning they ride first into that weekend. Would winning gold still be considered an upset over BD? Is BD earned the point to where any time anyone other than them wins gold, it's considered an upset? 

I see a tie for first with both BD and SCV. Bloo and Crown rounding out the medals. That way both of these organizations win gold on their anniversary, and two other wonderful shows are rewarded with medals too. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

I see a tie for first with both BD and SCV. Bloo and Crown rounding out the medals. That way both of these organizations win gold on their anniversary, and two other wonderful shows are rewarded with medals too. 

If BD and SCV tie for the gold, than only one corps could get the bronze correct? 

3 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

If BD and SCV tie for the gold, than only one corps could get the bronze correct? 

Unless there's a tie for third. 

• Like 3

Just now, HockeyDad said:

Unless there's a tie for third. 

That would be insane. All four corps deserve it. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

Is BD earned the point to where any time anyone other than them wins gold, it's considered an upset? 

Yes.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, geluf said:

Literally any year BD doesn't win at this point is an upset.

Agree. I believe even they would consider it to be so too.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

If SCV was to pass BD tonight, and never look back and win it all in two weeks, i wouldn't consider it an upset. Now if SCV passes BD on finals night like what we had in 2008, that would be an upset. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

If SCV was to pass BD tonight, and never look back and win it all in two weeks, i wouldn't consider it an upset. Now if SCV passes BD on finals night like what we had in 2008, that would be an upset. 

Don't you mean Phantom Regiment ?.. ( opps.. I reread it, and know what you mean now )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1