TOC/NightBEAT Winston-Salem, NC - July 30

1 minute ago, Phillygwm said:

Was thinking the same.  How to people learn music and drill at a better than proficient level in 13 days?

I believe they are looking for alternates - it sounds like all of their original alternates are being used in the show now.

Just now, KVG_DC said:

It's disappointing compared to last night even.  :(  

They need to tell the corps not to place their speakers right in front of the mics.  That is why the pit is overpowering.

• Like 2

Nit-picking, yes.  But, Troopers shouldn't be using the 'busiest" tarp design in front & center position. The simple circles design on the left would work better.  On the other hand, maybe just skip the tarps altogether!  Pretty distracting, I think.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

I wonder if the camera guys know the diffidence in instrumentation...they always show the wrong close-up...LOL

It isn't the cameramen.  The director is calling the camera shots.  Interesting aside, there is/was a YouTube of a finals show from some years back with Tom Blair calling the camera shots  Fascinating.

• Like 1

Just now, gadaveb2003 said:

They need to tell the corps not to place their speakers right in front of the mics.  That is why the pit is overpowering.

Given this is a live competition, they should put their speakers where it enhances the live performance. The GE judges aren't watching on FloMarching to judge the show.

• Like 3

IMO this is a show idea that went horribly wrong when it came to execute it. 

• Like 2