TOC/NightBEAT Winston-Salem, NC - July 30

20 minutes ago, MikeBD said:

You brought up Whataburger earlier.  I sure do miss that.  I used to live in Tucson and they had em.  Being in Reno I do get to have In n Out though.

Maybe next year I will have to skip March Madness travel (huge college hoops fan) and go back to finals and some other shows.  I haven't been to a finals in Indy yet but I have been to five previously.

I like in'n outs fries!! Very good stuff.

Do it. If I could I would go to finals this year, but my vacation time does not kick in until October. So i have to wait until next year sadly

1 minute ago, SNModdison said:

Peaking too early, maybe? Curious your thoughts.

Maybe.  I have no idea.  I've never understood the judging in the 25+ years I've been around this activity.  Just found it really odd.

12 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Good to know. I never knew that. So the Guard judge tonight is basically telling BD their guard book is too easy then.

While telling SCV their content is harder, but the Blue Devils are significantly performing their easier content better than SCV is performing their harder content... Thus, they win guard because their easier work is more clean.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SNModdison said:

Peaking too early, maybe? Curious your thoughts.

Anything is possible. But if BD follows their pattern of the last several seasons, they will be putting in the finishing touches of the show this week and debut them at the Buffalo TOC next Sunday. Lets see what they add and if it makes a difference. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Anything is possible. But if BD follows their pattern of the last several seasons, they will be putting in the finishing touches of the show this week and debut them at the Buffalo TOC next Sunday. Lets see what they add and if it makes a difference. 

True; the comment about performance beating the content numbers made me think of the peaking thing. We shall see. It will be exciting, especially since BD and SCV only see each other one more time until finals week. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Good to know. I never knew that. So the Guard judge tonight is basically telling BD their guard book is too easy then.

I find that bizarre, as they have a lot of insane difficulty and exposure, to the point that they've really only just gotten a handle on it in the last few shows. Opinions can be so weird at times.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

I find that bizarre, as they have a lot of insane difficulty and exposure, to the point that they've really only just gotten a handle on it in the last few shows. Opinions can be so weird at times.

I agree. And BD is a master at layering in things during the final two weeks as needed. Very few times in the past 20 years has BD been "caught" after having even a small lead. They are so good at adding content as needed IMO

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SNModdison said:

True; the comment about performance beating the content numbers made me think of the peaking thing. We shall see. It will be exciting, especially since BD and SCV only see each other one more time until finals week. 

Agreed it will be exciting. I am proud of all my California this year. BDs closer with the guard definitely isn't done. They have that window they brought out last nite and tonight. Something or someone is going to appear in that window. My guess is a Blue Devils C performer since the closer is suppose to represent the future of drum corps. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I am really hoping they can get that extra .014 tonight!

I liked SCV better than BD.  I sure wish the judges had seen it my way.