TOC/NightBEAT Winston-Salem, NC - July 30

I guess my son has a quite intense stomach bug that several others in the group have. Hope it doesn't become an epidemic. It seems like I remember hearing about one corps having a bad issue like that last year that really impacted them. 

4 minutes ago, DCIdad said:

I guess my son has a quite intense stomach bug that several others in the group have. Hope it doesn't become an epidemic. It seems like I remember hearing about one corps having a bad issue like that last year that really impacted them. 

Phantom was afflicted last year

2 minutes ago, DCIdad said:

The Cavaliers had a bunch of members get very ill two years ago with norovirus right before the Atlanta regional.  It sidelined them for a few days and really impacted the last two weeks of the season. Hoping Mandarins are ok!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCIdad said:

I hope your son gets better very soon and that it's not too serious

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, snare_guy_83 said:

A one point spread between the Bluecoats and Cavaliers is so laughable, I can't even begin to understand that

posted from the DrumScorps app

I know right? Should be under .5 ;)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I agree. And BD is a master at layering in things during the final two weeks as needed. Very few times in the past 20 years has BD been "caught" after having even a small lead. They are so good at adding content as needed IMO

Caught in 1999, 2001, 2004, 2008.  If we can go back a little further, DEFINITELY caught in 1995.  Caught by Regiment in 2006.  Sometimes they get too confident in a program and their ability to outperform others that they forget that sometimes the corps chasing them are catching them because they have more content.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, eightyonepointthree said:

Caught in 1999, 2001, 2004, 2008.  If we can go back a little further, DEFINITELY caught in 1995.  Caught by Regiment in 2006.  Sometimes they get too confident in a program and their ability to outperform others that they forget that sometimes the corps chasing them are catching them because they have more content.

Couldn't disagree more on that last statement. BD didn't get "caught" those years because they were over confident.  They just got beat by a better performance according to the judges. It actually takes credit away from the other corps that won to suggest the primary reason they did win was because BD didn't take them seriously. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, eightyonepointthree said:

I would think any year that the Blue Devils don't win, they get caught by someone. They always start out at the top.