"And now my tour end's near..."

7 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

"and I must face my final DCP Post"... 

If you've never taken a week of your life to travel with your kid and his drum corps just do it. Just finished up my week and I'm enjoying a "skinny margarita" in prep for the show tonight. Which I will view as a spectator with a ticket. Not a volunteer with a pass. Wow what a week! 

Well I don't have a kid but I'm pretty sold in the idea of spending next summer somewhere giving back to this activity and the amazing people it fosters......we shall see.   

Glad you got to spend some time with your son, that's pretty awesome you were able to do that.  Sounds like it was a blast.  Thanks for always being such a positive and friendly voice on here, we need more of that.  Hope your Cavalier kicks some tail the rest of the season.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Thanks for always being such a positive and friendly voice on here, we need more of that.  

No, we need more people expressing a realistic and honest opinion of what they're seeing and hearing on the field.

Don't need more "Marching Musical Theater and Yoga" sunshine pumping where everything is "Rosy Alice in Wonderland Sunshine, Unicorns, and Lollipops" from those that spend 16 hours a day on here; only coming up for air to eat, sleep and go to the restroom...........   

5 hours ago, LSU GRAD 82 said:

No, we need more people expressing a realistic and honest opinion of what they're seeing and hearing on the field.

Don't need more "Marching Musical Theater and Yoga" sunshine pumping where everything is "Rosy Alice in Wonderland Sunshine, Unicorns, and Lollipops" from those that spend 16 hours a day on here; only coming up for air to eat, sleep and go to the restroom...........   

Nor do we need Dinos telling today's marchers what they should and shouldn't be enjoying. PopcornEater's kid is having the time of his life, as are a few thousand other kids participating in drum corps this summer. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Nor do we need Dinos telling today's marchers what they should and shouldn't be enjoying. PopcornEater's kid is having the time of his life, as are a few thousand other kids participating in drum corps this summer. 

Those who look at life with bitter eyes usually find something to feed their discoloration.

This is where the professional usually makes the referral and hopes the patient embraces the challenge to climb from their wallowing in anger and depression. It makes life better for all of us.  P.S. anger and depression is not just a geriatric thing.

• Like 3