Tour Question

Quick question about tour...who sets the tour for a corps...is that the corps or DCI?  And the Regionals, like Allentown...who decides which corps performs which night, the corps or DCI?  Thanks!

The World Class tour is set at winter meetings that include DCI admin and all WC corps directors. Regional championships are usually reserved for Friday or Saturday evenings come mid season to the end. Again, I believe DCI admin and corps directors set these dates at winter meetings.  Who attends what depends on various things like who is touring more in the Midwest, East, South, or West during early season. Come the DCI Southeastern Regional (San Antonio, TX) all World Class corps are present with the exception of those who can't make it due to finances or other emergency issues.  The same is true for Atlanta, Allentown, and then Finals.  This year was an exception for Atlanta due to stadium issues.  

TOC shows are different and not run quite like most DCI shows. I will leave that topic alone. 

3 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

The World Class tour is set at winter meetings that include DCI admin and all WC corps directors. Regional championships are usually reserved for Friday or Saturday evenings come mid season to the end. Again, I believe DCI admin and corps directors set these dates at winter meetings.  Who attends what depends on various things like who is touring more in the Midwest, East, South, or West during early season. Come the DCI Southeastern Regional (San Antonio, TX) all World Class corps are present with the exception of those who can't make it due to finances or other emergency issues.  The same is true for Atlanta, Allentown, and then Finals.  This year was an exception for Atlanta due to stadium issues.  

TOC shows are different and not run quite like most DCI shows. I will leave that topic alone. 

The tour is set at the September meeting.   All show sponsors have to commit by mid September.  So all  Executive Directors/Corps Directors know by October  1st where they will be going.  Some show dates may change by a day or two but the tour is basically set much earlier than most people think.   Tour partners know what corps they will be getting when they get their contracts. DCI has had a record year for attendance in 2017 so they are already pressuring sponsors to commit for 2018.  Only unknown for 2018 is the Florida swing since several corps have said that they will not go to Florida.