SCV and BD in top 2...really?!!

Just now, BDCorno said:

Deflecting. Come on, I'm a reasonable guy. Can have a real discussion, not a troll.

You should be able to back up your blanket statements...don't you think?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

Deflecting. Come on, I'm a reasonable guy. Can have a real discussion, not a troll.

No thanks, been there done that. I can back them up fine, but I've learned my lesson many years ago discussing this topic with BD fans!

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, chris7997 said:

Ok ok.  I get BD being #1, but SCV as #2? when it's their 60th and 50th anniversary years respectively?  REALLY?!!   No offense to SCV, but I don't believe this show is #2.  

Wouldn't that be wonderful if on their anniversary years they both took the top two placements!  Oh please.  I'm smelling a set-up.  The system is rigged. 

Image result for Jerry Seinfeld Really?

Zero evidence to substantiate your claim.. this is of course your opinion right? Conspiracy theory? 

West Coast Inflation!  So high man!

• Like 1

SCV has one of the most perfectly designed shows I've ever seen.

So....you're wrong?

Thanks for asking!

• Like 4

SCV has an awesome show this year...and even I like BD's show...for the most part it is very clean and interesting. I thought SCV should have had a medal in 2014 and 2016 so them being in 2nd gunning for 1st is no surprise to me.  It's also been an awfully long time since BD hasn't been 1st or 2nd so that should be no surprise either.

In the prediction thread you have 1. Bloo 2. BD 3. SCV and 4. Crown...so your predictions aren't far off.  I would love to see a Bluecoats repeat too...but they have a very high intensity difficult show with a lot of cleaning to do.

I get it though...Peyton Manning just happens to win the Superbowl the year he retires, someone with the most touching story wins the voice...etc.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

No thanks, been there done that. I can back them up fine, but I've learned my lesson many years ago discussing this topic with BD fans!

Cop out. Not a "BD fan" per se...I did march and teach in the organization, but also judged brass, visual and color guard for a few decades. Maybe if you'd like a private discussion, we could do that. I'm not in for trolling, nor do I prefer a trollish discussion (few and far between here). BD and SCV are clearly the two best groups this years, but also as much an "apples and oranges" situation as we saw last year with the Bluecoats/Crown/BD trilogy...all of which I liked for different reasons, and that composed their programs completely differently. Regarding our interchange, I'm just interested to know why you made the blanket statement that you did. I think it bears further investigation/discussion, especially if you've not seen the programs live, or at least looked very closely at recent high cam videos. Very different approaches from these two, and I think the scores at this point are pretty much accurate. Who will win? It's anyone's guess. DCI has a propensity for sentimentality, so they may put SCV up. If this is the case, I hope it's because they outperformed everyone and earned it. They're certainly the darlings this year, though from what I'm seeing, BD is better received by the crowds. It's reminding me a bit of 2014 and Bluecoats chasing Cadets all year, only to overcome them at finals. At any rate, want to have a discussion privately...no problem. Otherwise, I'll just have to blanket statement your blanket statement and say that you're wrong. A pretty sad way to deal with this, but it's PCP...whoops, I mean DCP. Have a good one.

P.S. - ask anyone that knows me, they'll tell you I'm reasonable and as fair as can be when evaluating programs.

Edited by BDCorno
postscript!

4 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

DCI has a propensity for sentimentality, so they may put SCV up. If this is the case, I hope it's because they outperformed everyone and earned it. They're certainly the darlings this year, though from what I'm seeing, BD is better received by the crowds.

I love both shows, but:

1. I don't see BD being better received by the crowds than SCV. I'd say it's pretty even. Both shows are awesome this year, and deserve to be placing where they are.

2. Since BD is undefeated, I would necessarily say SCV is the "darlings" of DCI this year. That statement implies they don't deserve to be where they are - they absolutely do.

Both shows are great this year, and it's great to see them both battling it out. I hope SCV pulls it off in the end, but I would be surprised if they did. 

• Like 3