William "Allen's Town" - Friday Night - Aug 4th, 2017

11 minutes ago, DCIdad said:

I'm kind of afraid that with that score Mandarins will not overtake Scouts in the seeding (unless they struggle in their performance tomorrow). How important is seeding heading into prelims and how are results heading into finals determined - do they only take into account prelims and semis or also the regional results? 

For prelims, they'll perform in reverse order based on the average scores from SA, Atlanta/Winston-Salem and Allentown. Results from Prelims will determine Semis line up (top 25) and performance order, and results from Semis will determine Finals lineup (top 12) and performance order.

Edited by dcsnare93

44 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

This flag feature takes my freaking breath away.   

this guy gets it

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JohnD said:

DCI recap has zeros for GE 2 Visual judge.

GIGO

posted from the DrumScorps app

Oh, don't I know it. Sigh!

For those asking about what Phantom Regiment's show is about (from the website):

This seductive, powerful character begins life solely as an invasion of mind, but quickly becomes something more, blurring the lines between beauty, madness, and desire. Forced to confront the enemy within, newfound strength leads to an awakening, and phantasy gives way to reality

It's about being infatuated with something that isn't real. That's why the members are reaching out and crawling toward the girl in the beginning. When they change to the white hats it represents the willingness to face reality and live in the present and be free from isolating ("All By Myself"- Rachmaninoff) things that will destroy you. 

To me it "fits" more than the random title"Metamorph" for the Blue Devils show. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

For some reason I was thinking CADETS2 was more like BDC.   Oh well....,

In a lot of ways they are, but they compete at the DCA level. They cap their age at 26 (with a few exceptions), however most of what you just saw were high school kids ages 15 to 18. In a sense they are of the same age and experience of a BDB or SCVC, but they are a weekend corps only. They are not touring during the week days. It makes more sense for them to compete weekends since the East Coast is loaded with some good DCA competition. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bama Belle said:

For those asking about what Phantom Regiment's show is about (from the website):

This seductive, powerful character begins life solely as an invasion of mind, but quickly becomes something more, blurring the lines between beauty, madness, and desire. Forced to confront the enemy within, newfound strength leads to an awakening, and phantasy gives way to reality

It's about being infatuated with something that isn't real. That's why the members are reaching out and crawling toward the girl in the beginning. When they change to the white hats it represents the willingness to face reality and live in the present and be free from isolating ("All By Myself"- Rachmaninoff) things that will destroy you. 

To me it "fits" more than the random title"Metamorph" for the Blue Devils show. 

220px-Salt_shaker_on_white_background.jp

• Like 7