William "Allen's Town" - Friday Night - Aug 4th, 2017

At breakfast with The Wife this morning, we were discussing the show and the PC tuba holes.  She mentioned one of the PC staff came in the food truck for some morning coffee.  He sighed a little and said "I really need to change my birth certificate and march contra".  LOL!

They've just been hit with a series of unfortunate events beyond the member's and Corps' control.  It is what it is and they are doing the best they can.  Keep pushing, PC!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, BlueStarsDad said:

I had tickets to the show tonight but could not get to the east coast because of work ... I keep seeing my empty seat on the live stream, mocking me

...you wouldn't happen to want to tell anyone else which seats those are, would you? My seats for tonight are way worse than my seats for Friday, and if I'm going to go seat-hopping, I'd much rather claim a seat that would be going empty otherwise.

(Assuming you bought seats for both nights, anyway.)

Edited by ftwdrummer
  • Like 2

Just now, CrownBariDad said:

At breakfast with The Wife this morning, we were discussing the show and the PC tuba holes.  She mentioned one of the PC staff came in the food truck for some morning coffee.  He sighed a little and said "I really need to change my birth certificate and march contra".  LOL!

They've just been hit with a series of unfortunate events beyond the member's and Corps' control.  It is what it is and they are doing the best they can.  Keep pushing, PC!

Sadly, it happens.  Hang in there, PC! 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

...you wouldn't happen to want to tell anyone else which seats those are, would you? My seats for tonight are way worse than my seats for Friday, and if I'm going to go seat-hopping, I'd much rather claim a seat that would be going empty otherwise.

(Assuming you bought seats for both nights, anyway.)

They were 5th row on the 40 yard line ... but I was able to sell tonights tickets on StubHub ... sorry!

12 hours ago, SNModdison said:

"The need someone  who can write a show that doesn't sound like every other show they've done for a lot of years. "

This sounds like the Blue Devils to me; the same 'ole sound every year. Carolina Crown's brass sounds wonderful and performs at a high level every year. Why must we beat down the competition? It's like saying the Blue Devils march the best every year.... Or, I guess are the cleanest every year. Why so much bashing?

Asks why people keep bashing corps... and then proceeds to bash BD anyways 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

What I was trying to get across is that it doesn't matter if they sound the "same" every year. They are good. The Blue Devils are always super clean, and that's always good too. Paul Rennick's drumline are always great, and have the "same" kind of feel every year as well. None of these things are bad. That's what I was trying to say. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I can say this about BD. I have not liked a show from them in many, many years. I watch them once a year just to see if I enjoy them and, "nope" for the majority of years. What I must admit to every year, however, is that there is a design and programming genius that demonstrates its consistency from year to year that no one can take away from them. EVERY program director and designer should try to achieve such consistency. BD has found a programming and design niche that they have no reason to change and I can absolutely respect them for their approach to today's drum corps.

At the end of the day, drum corps design teams should be using BD's philosophy of program choice as a paragon of what to do in their own corps. I respect BD for basically communicating well the axiom: "We have found what works for consistently win every year and if it ain't broke don't fix it."

Edited by Just Here
  • Like 1

So with last nights win, BD won their 100th consecutive show in a row in years following a silver medal finish dating back to the start of the 2009 season. Domination like we have never seen before.