William "Allen's Town" - Saturday Night - Aug 5th, 2017

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

According to @Jim Schehr, Ohio IS heaven. 

Go Bucks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ShouldveMarchedAgeOut said:

Mandarins still got a shot, but it's looking a bit grim now. This week is gonna be fun as always. I'm most looking forward to finally seeing open class live though. 

If DCi had "The People's Choice" for a corps outside the top 12 to perform on finals night, the Mandarins would win this year going away.

By the way, that wouldn't be a bad idea, huh?   "The People's Choice" for corp #13 on finals night.   DCI wants fan's engagement... well, here you go!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ShouldveMarchedAgeOut said:

Mandarins still got a shot, but it's looking a bit grim now. This week is gonna be fun as always. I'm most looking forward to finally seeing open class live though. 

Mandarins had neither their Brass line nor their Percussion line in the top 16 in Allentown. ( Drums 19th.. Brass 17th ). But it just demonstrates how far an adult crafted show design can carry a Corps up the ranks of DCI these days now. Mandarins are sitting in 13th place, just out of range it seems of a Finalist spot., but not by much. Their Visuals gave them a real shot at making Finals this year if only either their Brass and/ or or their Percussion line was just a tad better marcher performance wise this season.

Edited by BRASSO

2 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

Go Bucks

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!   

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Mandarins had neither their Brass line nor their Percussion line in the top 16 in Allentown. ( Drums 19th.. Brass 17th ). But it just demonstrates how far an adult crafted show design can carry a Corps up the ranks of DCI these days now. Mandarins are sitting in 13th place, just out of range it seems of a Finalist spot., but not by much. Their Visuals gave them a real shot at making Finals this year if only either their Brass and/ or or their Percussion line was just a tad better marcher performance wise this season.

Don't forget cash.   I bet Mandarins have spent as much on their show stuff as anyone this year (except perhaps Bluecoats and Blue Devils).   And that's part of the issue with drum corps these days - it's a revenue driven activity.  If you want to be in finals, you have to spend to be in finals.  If you want to contend for a medal, you have to spend to content for a medal.    But, this is a topic for another day, another thread...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

By the way, that wouldn't be a bad idea, huh?   "The People's Choice" for corp #13 on finals night.   DCI wants fan's engagement... well, here you go!

Just about zero members of any corps would want to do it. There's a reason why corps members used to call the Saturday parade the "losers' parade." They don't want to slip into finals based on someone else's penalty (the last thing Troopers wanted in 2015 was to move into 12th based on Crossmen's timing penalty). They want to either earn their way into Saturday, or not perform at all. That's just based on what I have heard from marching members over the years.

2 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Just about zero members of any corps would want to do it. There's a reason why corps members used to call the Saturday parade the "losers' parade." They don't want to slip into finals based on someone else's penalty (the last thing Troopers wanted in 2015 was to move into 12th based on Crossmen's timing penalty). They want to either earn their way into Saturday, or not perform at all. That's just based on what I have heard from marching members over the years.

That's different that the "losers parade" as you write.   I bet any corps outside of top 12, voted by the fans as the "Fan's Choice" would be excited about the opportunity to perform.  But, that's just my opinion.

• Like 2