Petunia City Brass - Oregon, IL Aug 2

LINEUP & TIMES

All times local venue and subject to change.

5:30 p.m. Box Office Opens
7:00 p.m. Welcome & National Anthem
7:06 p.m. Exhibition Unit
7:15 p.m. Southwind - Mobile, AL
7:31 p.m. Colt Cadets - Dubuque, IA
7:47 p.m. Shadow - Oregon, WI
8:03 p.m. Impulse - Buena Park, CA
8:19 p.m. Intermission
8:45 p.m. Guardians - Houston, TX
9:01 p.m. 7th Regiment - New London, CT
9:17 p.m. Music City - Nashville, TN
9:33 p.m. Spartans - Nashua, NH

Interested in this. This is new to me, but I figure it looks like three close head to head things going on. Colt Cadets, Shadow, and Impulse is one. Southwind, Guardians, and 7th Regiment (yay 7R!) is another. Then Spartans and Music Cities is the third one.

• Like 2

Sounds about right.

Between Cold Cadets, Impulse, Shadow, and Raiders...I'm sure at least one of them will be in finals next Tuesday. But who knows which one? We may have an inkling after tonight...or maybe it's going to a surprise on Monday. Raiders are at the other OC show tonight, and their last two scores were +10 and then a -2, so where will they end up ultimately?

Southwind has not had score since the 29th, I wonder how the practice has been going for them? Guardians are surging and doing really well, hopefully adrenaline will keep them going through tonight so they perform well.  The 7th Regiment has had two days of recuperating and hard practice after a grueling weekend, I expect them to be at the top of their game.  I'm (of course) hoping they will score higher than Guardians and Southwind.

Music City hasn't had a show since the 28th. They may have been underscored at that one. I suspect them to be favored to win 1st tonight, based on how they did with Legends. I assume they will do their best because I'm sure Spartans will be stiff competition.

I'm hoping that scores are really close together come next Monday so there will be more excitement. I think they all perform the very best when there is some pressure and scores are tight.

• Like 1

It is fun watching these Open Class corps getting better and better and putting out great shows.  It's too bad that FloMarching doesn't show a couple of their all-OC shows during the season.  But I'm happy that the OC finals will be live-streamed this year and can't wait for it!  All stocked up on popcorn and diet Dr. P and have another drum corps fan coming over to watch with me so we can whoop and holler together.  I am also enjoying the commentaries by those DCPers in attendance at the OC shows - thanks!

For what it's worth, I queried FloMarching about the potential for streaming Open Class shows. They said they are considering expanding out to include them next season but it will be contingent on how well views go for Open Class prelims and finals. Please encourage as many people as you can with accounts to watch and maybe we can get some Open Class love on FloMarching next season.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cmchandler said:

For what it's worth, I queried FloMarching about the potential for streaming Open Class shows. They said they are considering expanding out to include them next season but it will be contingent on how well views go for Open Class prelims and finals. Please encourage as many people as you can with accounts to watch and maybe we can get some Open Class love on FloMarching next season.

I can't watch the Prelims stream because I'll be at the Massillon show.

And I can't watch the Finals stream because I'll be attending that show.

So I'm not being very helpful to the cause here.

Nice!  Hope Flo feels the love next week.

Guardians were definitely feeling pumped last night.  We'll see how they do this evening.  They haven't had many chances to compete against corps in their grouping, so this is a good litmus test, not just for them, but for Southwind and 7th Reg as well.  (KKrepps - I'll root for your corps if you root for mine!)  Guardians officially set their record high score last night, so from here on out it is uncharted territory.  This is fun!

Mike

• Like 1

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I can't watch the Prelims stream because I'll be at the Massillon show.

So I'm not being very helpful to the cause here.

Hah, turn it on and leave it before your go. :thumbs-up:

Mike

• Like 4

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Same here, and I'll be at both prelims and finals.

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

(KKrepps - I'll root for your corps if you root for mine!) 

Of course!

See how friendly all us Open Class fans are?  I just feel the love here, OC fans.  Wish we could rub off on those wascally, wild, crazy World Class fanatics that chew people up and spit them out to defend their favorite corps.  I'm a Nashvillian and love my home corps (Music City) but I also love the other OC corps and enjoy hearing about their growth throughout the season. Quite a few Music City corps members posted the Legends plea for funds on their Facebook pages and asked everyone to help them.  I'm excited to get to finally SEE all these corps next week in Michigan City on FloMarching.

• Like 2