Petunia City Brass - Oregon, IL Aug 2

16 hours ago, kkrepps said:

If all these scores hold, the top 12 are pretty much a lock with Raiders almost 5 pts. above Shadow. I wonder what the weekend will hold for any changes.

Probably so. Just imagine if The Battallion, Watchmen and for that matter were still touring. Not sure if Southwind and Raiders could hold on to those bottom two spots.  I think judging by small increases in score, SW and Raiders may have maxed out. Just my opinion. Extremely glad Southwind is back. Just keep the hype to a minimum next year.

1 hour ago, mjyaub said:

Probably so. Just imagine if The Battallion, Watchmen and for that matter were still touring. Not sure if Southwind and Raiders could hold on to those bottom two spots.  I think judging by small increases in score, SW and Raiders may have maxed out. Just my opinion. Extremely glad Southwind is back. Just keep the hype to a minimum next year.

Well to be fair SW won't be going first every show next year

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

We love you, Southwind.  And you're right, next year you will definitely have better placing in the shows!  Please have fun and best wishes for the rest of the season!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DawsonBurnes said:

And if I read this correctly, they won't be going on first in the Open Class Prelims.  From DCI.org:

"As in the past, it is expected that the performance order at the August 7 Open Class DCI World Championship Prelims in Michigan City, Indiana, will be determined by averaging each corps’ top two scores from select events the prior week. Each corps will then perform in reverse order of those averaged scores. Open Class corps directors will make an official determination on this procedure during their meetings this weekend in Atlanta."

Go Southwind!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjyaub said:

I think, judging by small increases in score, SW and Raiders may have maxed out.

It's probably too soon to make that call. For example, here are Raiders' scores relative to the number of days from Finals in 2016 and 2017. They're actually trending slightly ahead of where they were a year ago, when they also had seemed to stall for a bit. Anything could happen.

46.450 --- 39 days from Finals

59.800 --- 11 days

60.400 --- 10 days

59.500 --- 9 days

60.650 --- 7 days

63.300 --- 4 days

64.750 --- 3 days

66.688 -- 1 day (Prelims)

66.825 --- Finals

46.900 --- 37 days from Finals

52.600 --- 17 days

62.400 --- 10 days