March On! - Minneapolis, MN - Aug 1

LINEUP & TIMES

All times local venue and subject to change.

5:00 p.m. Box Office Opens
7:00 p.m. Welcome & National Anthem
7:10 p.m. Les Stentors - Sherbrooke, 
7:26 p.m. Colt Cadets - Dubuque, IA
7:42 p.m. Guardians - Houston, TX
7:58 p.m. River City Rhythm - Anoka, MN
8:14 p.m. Intermission
8:34 p.m. Gold - Oceanside, CA
8:50 p.m. Vanguard Cadets - Santa Clara, CA
9:06 p.m. Govenaires - St. Peter, MN
9:22 p.m. Minnesota Brass - St. Paul, MN

Good show tonight, wish I was there. Les Stentors opens up, I loved them last year when I saw them. My kids especially loved the giant magnifying glass. Cold Cadets next, I believe they have a strong chance at finals.  Guardians and Gold go at it again tonight.  River City Rhythm jumps back in after over a week. I'm excited to see where they fall in all this, maybe they will come back in with a bang (like Raiders did).  Vanguard Cadets are sort of by themselves tonight which may skew their score up or down compared to BDB.

• Like 1

Guardians are back in action tonight!  Big cleaning day yesterday, so here's hoping for some upward love from the judges.  66.35 is the corps' high score *ever*, and we had a 65.75 last Friday.  With hard work and a little luck, that might fall before prelims.  Fingers crossed!  (That said, I think us parents care more about the scores than the kids.  I *know* we care more than the staff, who have been very vocal about wanting to put on a great show and let the judges do their own thing.  That's been ... honestly... kind of cool.)

Mike

9 minutes ago, MikeN said:

That said, I think us parents care more about the scores than the kids. 

Big scores are nice and all... but as a 7th Regiment parent, what I would really like to see is 7th sandwiched between Guardians, and either Music City or Louisiana Stars at the Championship Retreat next Tuesday night. Because the Blue 7th, Green Guardian, and Red MC and LS uniforms would look really nice in a picture under the lights when they're lined up like that. :1_grinning:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Northern Thunder said:

I still haven't figured out how the all-age corps are scored in junior corps contests.

Not sure if this still is the case... but in recent years, the all-age DCA corps competing in these shows have been scored on DCA sheets by the DCI judges at the shows.

Again, not sure if that is  how it's done this year. I'm so far out of the loop anymore, I'm on a straight line.  LOL.

• Like 1

Just now, Fran Haring said:

Not sure if this still is the case... but in recent years, the all-age DCA corps competing in these shows have been scored on DCA sheets by the DCI judges at the shows.

Again, not sure if that is  how it's done this year. I'm so far out of the loop anymore, I'm on a straight line.  LOL.

And to clarify.... any score a DCA corps receives at these DCI shows does NOT count toward the DCA corps' "seed score" for DCA Prelims. 

The corps are seeded based on their highest score of the season at a DCA-sanctioned show (with a DCA judging panel)... regardless of when that highest score occurs, at any point in the season. 

These DCI shows do, however, give an all-age corps a chance to 1) receive input from judges, and 2) get the corps out on the field in front of an audience. So it's a good thing. 

• Like 2