Bluecoats getting the shaft this year

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I wear bunny ears when The Academy is on....except when that crabby woman yelled at me in Rockford...

I don't want to know what you wore when Bluecoats were on...

• Like 2

Being as objective as I can be, AND with Bluecoats being my 2nd favorite show this year.- BD first, Bloo 2nd, Bloo is not getting the shaft as the OP opines.  Getting the shaft because BD, SCV, and Crown have been placing higher?   From what I can see, that's about right.   That said, let's see what happens after the last show.  The season is not over yet.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jsd said:

Getting the shaft? Talk to BD and Crown from last year.

They got beat by a show that started with a three minute freaking ostinato, a note cracking, winking soloist that knew where the camera was and what the reaction would be, and the entire corps running up and sliding down ramps as their exclamation point to each visual construction (Whee!!!).

Wow. 

• Like 1

I think Crown will stay ahead of the Bluecoats because they have been dominating the Music caption over everyone, especially Brass and Music Analysis (and Percussion has placed in the Top 3 often). This reminds me of 2013 when everyone thought SCV would take down the Cadets for 3rd by season's end, but in reality the Cadets' Music caption was too strong to allow SCV to pass them. Then again, we could have a year like 2015 where the Bluecoats bested the Cadets for 3rd. We'll see. But for now, that's my opinion.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Vdad76 said:

I would say that your bias shows too, so you might want to exam it yourself.  Blue Devils have used bras and shorts to their advantage themselves and many other gimmicky things as you called it - did you get tired of them?  What is being displayed this year is the real dichotomy of two ends of the spectrum shows and it has turned into the Blue Devils vs the Bluecoats way.  I would tell you both are good for DCI, but there is a division in the fandom reaching ugly levels.   I will guarantee you that the kids in both BD and Bc are working their fannies off to present to you what has been given to them to do.  Blue Devils are marching a show reliant on their brass to be the GE and not so much the visual.  I would say they are getting their credits with a brass line that is great and is not having to worry much about about playing while running which is a staff that decided, let's put them in the place they can do best and the kids are responding.  Bluecoats are doing their best to present a visual idea married with the music with more movement while playing, but are not playing the difficulty or cleanliness that BD is.  I find the jagged line line that is right in the middle of the field to be constrictive in the visual ideas they present, although I think the ones they present are very good, but I find this years arrangements and show not to be the generator of GE that last years was, which was groundbreaking to say the least.  This show very, very good, but not the great GE generator they had last year.  I don't think they should be as far back (neither do I believe should Crown either) and this year should be, again in my estimation about 2.5 between the top 4.  I think it should be that close.  I think Vanguard has the best overall show, but it is show that never lets up on the gas pedal.  It doesn't let me relax, it just comes at you.  Crown marches more than anyone in DCI, very little park it and play, which is ok with me.  It's hard to look at things in a context of appreciation for everything everyone does, especially when you "fall in love" with a group or a section of the country.  You start believing your corps is getting the shaft, much like sports, it's part of the competitive nature we've built into things and we have a tendency to then put it back on the judges, like in sports with the refs or umps.  

I stated you could excuse, or not, my observations, I am responding to a specific post. Criticism ### for tat! You missed that I am responding to a specific fanatic with imo....my opinion! Never looked for affirmation!

Edited by whitedj2002
Can I type- tata for tat!

52 minutes ago, Vdad76 said:

I would say that your bias shows too, so you might want to exam it yourself.  Blue Devils have used bras and shorts to their advantage themselves and many other gimmicky things as you called it - did you get tired of them?  What is being displayed this year is the real dichotomy of two ends of the spectrum shows and it has turned into the Blue Devils vs the Bluecoats way.  I would tell you both are good for DCI, but there is a division in the fandom reaching ugly levels.   I will guarantee you that the kids in both BD and Bc are working their fannies off to present to you what has been given to them to do.  Blue Devils are marching a show reliant on their brass to be the GE and not so much the visual.  I would say they are getting their credits with a brass line that is great and is not having to worry much about about playing while running which is a staff that decided, let's put them in the place they can do best and the kids are responding.  Bluecoats are doing their best to present a visual idea married with the music with more movement while playing, but are not playing the difficulty or cleanliness that BD is.  I find the jagged line line that is right in the middle of the field to be constrictive in the visual ideas they present, although I think the ones they present are very good, but I find this years arrangements and show not to be the generator of GE that last years was, which was groundbreaking to say the least.  This show very, very good, but not the great GE generator they had last year.  I don't think they should be as far back (neither do I believe should Crown either) and this year should be, again in my estimation about 2.5 between the top 4.  I think it should be that close.  I think Vanguard has the best overall show, but it is show that never lets up on the gas pedal.  It doesn't let me relax, it just comes at you.  Crown marches more than anyone in DCI, very little park it and play, which is ok with me.  It's hard to look at things in a context of appreciation for everything everyone does, especially when you "fall in love" with a group or a section of the country.  You start believing your corps is getting the shaft, much like sports, it's part of the competitive nature we've built into things and we have a tendency to then put it back on the judges, like in sports with the refs or umps.  

Btw I respect everything you typed and see the validity from my bias, best coast perspective! :)

• Like 1