Favorite shows of 2017

I still find myself humming BD's show, so I'm gonna have to go with that one as my favorite.

I also really enjoyed SCV and Cavaliers this year.

Edited by jeffmolnar

1. SCV

2. Bluecoats

3. Carolina Crown

4. Blue Stars

5, BAC

6. BK

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Crossmen

9. Cadets

10. Mandarins

11. Academy

12. Troopers

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sched88 said:

1. SCV

2. Bluecoats

3. Carolina Crown

4. Blue Stars

5, BAC

6. BK

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Crossmen

9. Cadets

10. Mandarins

11. Academy

12. Troopers

Not much love for the 2017 DCI winning ( and undefeated)  Titlist. But... it happens sometimes.

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Not much love for the 2017 DCI winning ( and undefeated)  Titlist. But... it happens sometimes.

No. Not much of a fan of BD although there is definitely respect for them.  I liked their Felliniesque (sp?) show and last year's was pretty good too.  Didn't care much for this year's show. Can't pinpoint why though.  

• Like 1

On 8/1/2017 at 9:26 PM, ThePlanets said:

It's that time of the year where everyone gets cranky about scores and placement.

Scores and placement aside what are your favorite shows this year?

SCV Alumni

• Like 4

My signature says it all but I'll post anyway and add a comment or two.  

Metamorph:  Come on.  If this show didn't paste your ears and face to the wall behind you, you have no pulse.

Wicked Games:  Boston came out with such a strong show this year.  Just outstanding.  Emotionally wrenching.  Let's not forget that the story was about a 'witch hunt' and the falsely accused.  A very brave subject matter, subject to criticism and they hit it out of the park.

The Faithful, the Fallen, the Forgiven:  This show grew on me all season and then in prelims I absolutely fell in love with it.  The vocal ensemble got SO tight and added a layer of richness and sophistication, both musically and visually.  Loved it, Cadets.  Nicely done.

Jagged Line:  This show was the coolest and hippest.  Nuff said.  

Inside the Ink:  If I could pick a show of all time that I loved the overall look of - it just might be this one.  Slick.  No clutter.  Outstanding props.  Sound of Silence knocked me out.  Gorgeous.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 3

Pure entertainment value:

1. Metamorph

2. Jagged Line

3. Ouroboros 

4. Men Are From Mars

5. It Is

6. i

7. Wicked Games

8. Star Crossed

9. Inside the Ink

10. By A Hare

11. Enigma

12. The Faithful, The Fallen, The Forgiven

• Like 2

I am somewhat of a BD hater, They are just have too much talent and others shouldn't have to compete with them. But 1 week later that is the show I think about the most and want to see more clips of. I loved the of the line with the snare drum cadence.  I think Cavies would be second in running through my head,  I think mashing up Frank Sinatra hurt them, I think that they had talent (they didn't even sweat during their show) but someone let them mesh it and made it choppy. I had been rooting for SCV all season but one week later I am not humming them or looking for their clips online.  I Liked Bloo show IT was fun to watch but I think the electronics are still a bit of a distraction for me. . I think the Cadets show was way over analysed, It is based on a Bernstein piece where he (a non catholic) is looking in on a mass and finding beauty in it and I thought the Cadets did a good job with it. Unfortunately Flo marching seemed to miss a lot of the show  maybe too much going on for the cameras to follow.   I thought Boston had a fun show I wish I would have seen it live again later in the season, another where I think the video might not do it justice.  I thought Academy also had a fun show and I think everyone will remember the bunny costumes years into the future.