When will DrumScorps start taking themselves seriously?

8 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Yes. I pay to access broadcasts via FLO, I've paid to travel to shows, and would gladly pay for a service that reliably reports scores and recaps. 

Out of curiosity, are you currently paying for the premium app? At $1.99 per year, it would be a good way to put your money where your mouth is and support someone trying to give back to the drum corps community. It is not easy to make money and put it into development of new products or services for a niche activity like drum corps. 

• Like 2

OP's post is laughably stupid. He clearly has no grasp on the amount of effort it takes to develop an app and then offer it for free. And that too, b*tching about something that isn't even the app's fault. 

I understand you're a Cavies Dad, but chill the hell out, and stop complaining about a completely free service. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

No ... if you want to be a trusted source of information, then some editorial oversight should be involved. Otherwise, why would anyone trust what you post? 

So why single out DrumScorps instead of DCI themselves.  

Why are you putting more stock in a smartphone app than, ya' know... the organization that's actually responsible for drum corps.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, DrumCorpsRadio said:

Out of curiosity, are you currently paying for the premium app? At $1.99 per year, it would be a good way to put your money where your mouth is and support someone trying to give back to the drum corps community. It is not easy to make money and put it into development of new products or services for a niche activity like drum corps. 

$2 a year is a phenomenal deal.  They've constantly been adding features to this app since they released it and it's now my primary source to look up shows/scores/recaps as I find DCI's site way too #### cumbersome.

• Like 4

The BD and SCV top 2 thread and then this...whew what a cranky week on DCP! Off-season is almost here folks!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

No ... if you want to be a trusted source of information, then some editorial oversight should be involved. Otherwise, why would anyone trust what you post? 

Jebus.  It's DCP, ya trust or ya don't with your own editorial filters, otherwise why would we all post?

Clean up on aisle 4, clean up on aisle 4...  Helicopter accident on aisle 4... clean up on aisle 4.

30 minutes ago, scvphan said:

The BD and SCV top 2 thread and then this...whew what a cranky week on DCP! Off-season is almost here folks!

Maybe it's the age we live in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrumScorps said:

Hi everyone. Let me start by apologizing for the errors last night. We never like to report incorrect information. When errors do occur, we try to resolve them quickly. Unfortunately, there are some things out of our control and last night was one example of that. We are a small team of 2 people and while we always try to check scores as they come in, sometimes life gets in the way. 

We appreciate everyone's patience as the app has gone through some growing pains this season. This year's app was our biggest update yet and with a lot of new features/content came a lot of unexpected issues. The app has taken off way beyond what we could have imagined when this project started 3 years ago. This year alone the app has been opened over 3 million times, we've sent over 500,000 push notifications, and users have made thousands of posts made to the forums through the app. We're working our best to keep up with the demand and already have some changes in mind for the off-season to improve the stability and performance of the app.

Again, thank you for using our app. We love our users and we wouldn't be where we are if it weren't for you.

No need to apologize. When I see Cavaliers get four pointed by Blue Stars, when I see Cavaliers score drop almost 8 points, when I see Cavaliers tie with Mandarins, I laugh and assume it was an error that will be corrected shortly. DrumScorps is 1000x better than any method of finding scores from the past, and (almost) everyone on these boards appreciate what you're doing. Thank you, DrumScorps!

• Like 8

11 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

So for the record, you would have wanted them to look at the score, that DCI freaking posted, and assume it's wrong? What if cavies got a 10 point penalty? Crazier things have happened. You need to relax.