East Coast Classic August 3, 3017

Thursday night is the night--the hometown crowd gets to see the full version of "Wicked Games" burning at the stake and all. They'll be joined by Academy, Blue Knights, and Madison. A small but good quality line up. There will be exhibitions by Manchester, NH Muchachos, North Star Alumni (if you loved their original arrangements back in the day, you'll enjoy their performance) and Jack Laselva and crew (Crusaders Senior) will certainly have fun. The show is back in Lawrence, something that pleases me. For those who don't know, Lawrence has a great stadium but it is located in a city that has faced challenges for years so the show is a bright spot for the city. It is also above ten minutes from where I live, an added bonus.

If BAC does not hit 90 in Clifton, I hope it happens in Lawrence.

So who's going? Any thoughts?

• Like 2

Forgot to add:NEC Winds, a SoundSport participant is listed by BAC as a group that will be performing.

10 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Is this the show last year where BAC and Mandarins popped some pretty wildly high scores?  

I saw BAC last year at this time in Quincy rather than Lawrence, two days later in Allentown and then in Indy. The venue was much smaller than Allentown and certainly smaller than Indy, and the stands are closer to the field, so the performance had a power to it that night and with the hometown crowd cheering, it was a boost for the corps, but for me at least, it demonstrated potential not everyone saw in the show. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I saw BAC last year at this time in Quincy rather than Lawrence, two days later in Allentown and then in Indy. The venue was much smaller than Allentown and certainly smaller than Indy, and the stands are closer to the field, so the performance had a power to it that night and with the hometown crowd cheering, it was a boost for the corps, but for me at least, it demonstrated potential not everyone saw in the show. 

I definitely wasn't trying to discount them, I just remember them really shooting up.  And then they proceeded to blow me away in Allentown at their progress since Atlanta.  It was like seeing a new corps.  Those members squeezed every single thing out of that show they could.   

And my favorite shows are in up close and personal stadiums, I love that energy of being about as close to the members as is possible.   

Hope they have a great home show leading into the final stretch, I'm really pulling for them.  Even if they don't match 2002/2000s finishing placement this is by far and away my favorite BAC show of all time.   

• Like 1

LINEUP & TIMES

All times local venue and subject to change.

3:30 p.m. Box Office Opens
7:00 p.m. Welcome & National Anthem
7:08 p.m. North Star - Peabody, MA
7:25 p.m. The Muchachos - Manchester, NH
7:42 p.m. Crusaders Senior - Boston, MA
7:59 p.m. NEC Winds - Naugatuck, CT
8:09 p.m. Intermission
8:35 p.m. Madison Scouts - Madison, WI
8:52 p.m. The Academy - Tempe, AZ
9:09 p.m. Blue Knights - Denver, CO
9:26 p.m. Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

Good luck to all tonight.