White Sabers can use some support...

Good Day All,

As many of you know, the financial part of this activity can sometimes take a toll on an organization no matter how well you plan, especially when budgeted opportunities are lost at no fault of your own. The White Sabers from Dansville, NY are having to date one of the best seasons in their 89 year history, however, they can use some help right about now. So far they have lost 3 shows to cancellations, and, while traveling to Maryland for the 4th of July parades, the buses suffered a major mechanical failure which left the administration no choice but to send the corps back home rather than have them travel on buses with temporary repairs. The administration knew this was a huge financial loss in fees, but made the decision based solely on the safety of their members. Pete Amico and his crew take great pride in offering an affordable, but highly educational experience in this activity, so a loss like those I have listed are having a huge impact on them right now. I've known Pete and Leslie for the better part of 10 years now, and after spending the last 9 months or so working with the staff admin and members of the White Sabers, I can honestly say these are some of the best people in the activity! So please, if you have anything to spare, take a moment and check out this link, http://www.whitesabers.org/help-us-push-to-dca-finals/ ...no donation is too small. If you would rather send a donation to the corps or even just a note to say "hey", please do so at this address:

White Sabers

P.O. Box 352

Dansville, NY 14437

Pete and the entire White Saber organization, as do I, thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Bill

A modest ask, compared to the recent requests for $100,000 from Legends (received in 48 hrs.) and $30,000 from Pioneer (still trying to get there, I believe).

And one DCP regular (who rarely appears in this particular forum) ought to be pleased by White Sabers' decision, bearing safety in mind, to forgo parades and the lucre they would have provided.

Being the first time taking the buses out one would think you would have checked them out before heading to Balitmore Md.

4 hours ago, Florida Sun said:

Being the first time taking the buses out one would think you would have checked them out before heading to Balitmore Md.

Actually, this was our second bus adventure as we used them for the West Pittston show. I get it, vehicles break down...the concern was more for the members given the fact this was just a few days after the Phantom incident.

• Like 1