What Chester Makes Makes Chester - TOC Show August 3rd

18 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

Liahona, how do you watch shows and post so much at the same time.   I am ADHD, but jeez LOL impressive!

well its ridilled with typos..i dont even look at keys on phone..haha

• Like 2

Cadets: When they play, they play excellently. The drumline is playing some really tasty stuff, and the brass is very powerful. However, they play only sporadically, between vocal features (which I will admit are nicely sung, and true to the source material. I just want to hear less voice and more brass). In addition, they are by far the worst offenders of goo, to the point where I couldn't help but say "holy s***" several times during the show". It's way too high, and completely detracts from the power of the brass. The very last chord is great, and then there's a huge synthetic bass that ruins it. Visually not very strong, lots of drill dirt. I shudder to think of all of the bruised shins from blind marching around the pews. My score: 88.7. 

Newbie here...what is goo?

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

oh it is.

Not really.  It's like when one of my kids drops something and I say, "Good hands, Odell."

Just now, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Not really.  It's like when one of my kids drops something and I say, "Good hands, Odell."

I guess it's a personal opinion and we've all got them - most folks I know consider him a complete loser lol, to put it politely 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TrumpetHornMom said:

When you are listening to a hornline and it sounds like 25 electronic Contras were suddenly added for an impact chord.

• Like 4

Scores should be interesting tonight! I look for some tight point spreads between the top three.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrumpetHornMom said:

goo happens when a kid on a synth. takes his finger, and presses down with all his might, to blast out low bass sound.  this is done at about 10 decibels more than a 747 taking off.

• Like 2