1986 BD Modernized

13 hours ago, Tim K said:

I'm glad of two things. One, I have that show on DVD, so I can remember it as it was, and two, what everyone says about FloMarching is true and I'm not missing much (my Internet is not always reliable when I try and live stream, so I haven't used the service).

Oh Flo isn't so bad. It's not ESPN, but it's not terrible either. They took some serious hits to their credibility with the Broken Arrow debacle but came back and very clearly made significant investments in technology and personnel to ensure it didn't happen again.

Yes, they still lack the historical knowledge of drum corps to do a great job at this, and yes, they don't have the biggest bandwidth for streaming. It's very clear they max out their bandwidth near the end of almost every show, because the quality of the video gets progressively worse with every passing minute. You really must have a true high speed connection, but since BA I've been able to watch most of the shows on DSL or even my iPhone until the last show or two.

21 minutes ago, garfield said:

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!

I haven't laughed, gaped-mouth and all, so hard in a long time. 

Fabulous piece of work.

(And OMG! BD was absolutely on FIRE during that show!)

It could have been a lot worse, though! If those marchers could have seen into the future to what a medaling Blue Devils show now looks like, you can only imagine how shocked they would have been!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

You really must have a true high speed connection, but since BA I've been able to watch most of the shows on DSL or even my iPhone until the last show or two.

After the first few corps are done in the large shows, I have been unable to see a complete show from start to finish of all the other corps.  My provider is jumping through hoops trying to help me.

Cavies '92 modernized...I also LOVE the Crown one he did awhile back...even though it's poking fun at some of my favorite shows!

Edited by c.l.
  • Like 3

Oh, my!

That's outstanding work!  I also stumbled upon the '92 Blue Devils modernized. Wow!  All so funny.

I'm pleased so many are beginning to recognize the power electronics and other "enhancements" have in destroying this activity.  Tread lightly, Directors.

• Like 1

Very funny.  Flo should be flattered to be included in this characterization. 

Now I want to watch the actual BD86 show and hear those screamers again!

Edited by luv4corps