Shadow showcase - Oregon, WI Aug 4

LINEUP & TIMES

All times local venue and subject to change.

4:00 p.m. Box Office Opens
7:00 p.m. Welcome & National Anthem
7:10 p.m. Les Stentors - Sherbrooke, 
7:26 p.m. Colt Cadets - Dubuque, IA
7:42 p.m. River City Rhythm - Anoka, MN
7:58 p.m. Guardians - Houston, TX
8:14 p.m. Intermission
8:34 p.m. Gold - Oceanside, CA
8:50 p.m. Spartans - Nashua, NH
9:06 p.m. Vanguard Cadets - Santa Clara, CA
9:22 p.m. Shadow - Oregon, WI

Gold and Guardians head to head on Friday! Is there really such a big gap in scores between them?  I guess we’ll find out then, I bet it’s a lot closer than that. Cold Cadets and Shadow is a question in my mind as well, the last show (Shadow up 2, CC down 3) puts them at almost the same score. RCR set a new record score Wednesday, now what?

Too many Oregon shows not actually in Oregon to keep straight.  LOL

• Like 1

Guardians are playing back-to-back shows in Oregon, in two different states, neither of which are Oregon...

My daughter said the hornline has been battling a bit of a bug in the last few days, particularly the low brass.  Hopefully a couple of days to recover is just what they need.  (That does to me help explain the static brass scores this week so far.)

There's going to be a pretty good "middle" pack of OC corps at this show.  It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out!

Mike

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

Guardians are playing back-to-back shows in Oregon, in two different states, neither of which are Oregon...

My daughter said the hornline has been battling a bit of a bug in the last few days, particularly the low brass.  Hopefully a couple of days to recover is just what they need.  (That does to me help explain the static brass scores this week so far.)

There's going to be a pretty good "middle" pack of OC corps at this show.  It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out!

Mike

I think they are going to have to name that bug the "Drum Corps" virus because I know that Music City has also been passing a stomach virus around for the past month.  Hopefully every corps will be a full power for next week!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

I think they are going to have to name that bug the "Drum Corps" virus because I know that Music City has also been passing a stomach virus around for the past month.  Hopefully every corps will be a full power for next week!

Hand sanitizer is your friend. 

16 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Too many Oregon shows not actually in Oregon to keep straight.  LOL

They must have to be very explicit with the drivers.

I wonder if any corps ever woke up on the bus in the morning in the wrong state. LOL

Edited by kkrepps
  • Like 1

We have a mom travelling with Guardians who livestreams meal times, mainly so parents can verify their kid is still alive since THEY NEVER TEXT.  Ahem.  Sorry.  Anyways, they said it's 53 and rainy this morning up there.  Living in Texas (High 94 and sunny today), we call that "winter."

Mike

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MikeN said:

Mike

There's a lot of room for bugs (and other things) inside a tuba!  Good luck Guardians!

21 hours ago, MikeN said:

Mike

Right now there are 10 open class corps that overlap world class scores in the standings. That seems like a big overlap.