The Massillon Knock Out August 7

50 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Weather forecast is looking much better....there is a STRONG WIND WARNING coming out of the east and into the west stands starting at 10:13 p.m.  Expect blown hair and facial peels.  Hold onto your seats and each other.  Those with babies are advised to leave them at home!

GO BLOOOOOOOOOOOO!

What are we going to throw?

Will Bloo have to do the show....................hatless?            Unimaginable!!!

For those looking for dinner places, I recommend the following:

1. Winking Lizard. We have one in North Canton and another in Jackson Township, which is not too far from the Stadium. 

2. The Strip Plaza is a nice place to get off the highway (off of 77) and relax for a bit. There are shops, restaurants, and coffee (Starbucks and Panera). There is a place called Aladdin's which has amazing salads and other Greek and Lebanese food. You will also find a Five Guys, two steak joints, a bagel shop, The Brewhouse, Quaker Steak and Lube (which is on the other side of the bridge), Danny Boy's (also on the other side of the bridge next to Quaker Steak), and the usual fast food places.

3. If you wish to eat in Massillon, then go downtown. There is a BW3, a place called Kramers (named after the TV character from Seinfeld), Top of the Viaduct, and others. 

4. If you are near the stadium in Massillon (which sits east of downtown) there are fast food places and some diners. 

5. I highly recommend a place called Roosters, but it is in Belden Village in Canton. It is off highway 77 just north of the new Tom Benson Stadium ( which is the new pro football hall of fame stadium ). Belden Village also has tons of other restaurants in a variety of price ranges. The Belden area is about 20 minutes from the stadiuim (with traffic). 

Just some ideas. Enjoy the show! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldbandguy said:

Weather forecast is looking much better....there is a STRONG WIND WARNING coming out of the east and into the west stands starting at 10:13 p.m.  Expect blown hair and facial peels.  Hold onto your seats and each other.  Those with babies are advised to leave them at home!

GO BLOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I also hear the paramedics will have antivenom on hand... :)

Looking forward to tonight's show, both for the lineup and the potential to meet area DCPers... depending on when you see me I'll either have a 1999 Phantom Tragedy and Triumph T-shirt or an OLD teal SCV hornline T-shirt on...

I'll be getting there early, probably around 6 or so, since I need to prowl outside for a ticket.

• Like 1

I hear SCV has a trick up its sleeve. Someone close to the org shared a tidbit with me. Not saying any more. :whistle:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

There is a place called Aladdin's which has amazing salads and other Greek and Lebanese food.

Aladdin's is always good. I've been going there for more than 20 years. It's a regional chain whose original location is in Lakewood, ten minutes from my house. First place I ever had tabouli (aka tabbouleh).

National Weather Service now says only 20% chance of rain for this afternoon and none for this evening.

On radar, I do see what looks like stray light rain passing through the Massillon area (but maybe not reaching the ground?) as well as a narrow but stronger band of rain stretching southwest from the Niagara Falls to past Detroit moving west which, I suppose, if it keeps extending to the southwest as it has been doing, conceivably could pass through this area in a few hours (doesn't seem too likely, though).

1 hour ago, Alzam81 said:

I hear SCV has a trick up its sleeve. Someone close to the org shared a tidbit with me. Not saying any more. :whistle:

Aaaaaaaa I'm excited.

• Like 1