The Massillon Knock Out August 7

What a special night! All the corps were amazing, and Bloo brought the house down!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, superOOk said:

What a special night! All the corps were amazing, and Bloo brought the house down!

And fell further behind Crown. It's my favorite show of the season, for probably the fourth year in a row. Just wish the judges felt the same way.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kevingamin said:

Bluecoats brass ensemble performing the national anthem.

jLUpGVc.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

They have a really nice arrangement played beautifully. 

• Like 1

I ended up catching the last half of Tilt this past weekend, can't remember why. It struck me how controlled and traditional that show felt compared to their next three shows. Tilt, to me, is SCV this year, and both will probably finish the same way, with a Silver. Tilt is still a watershed show in dci history, but it was unsettling how traditional it felt compared to what came after that for Bluecoats.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kevingamin said:

NOW, SHE MUST BURN!!!

oUQQuKb.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

I had not seen that before.  It was one of the most incredible visual effects I've ever seen on a drum corps field.  It was done right (not cheesy) and has a dramatic effect on the viewer.

• Like 4

I am so grateful that I only live 1.5 hours away from this show. So special and amazing and I honestly thoroughly enjoyed every performance from every corps last night.  Not one moment of boredom or yuck for me! Even programs that I have been critical of those season were performed so well that I didn't notice!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FLBuzcut said:
12 hours ago, JTFire said:

Okay Cadets....the Amen chords at the very end gave me some goosebumps. I'm enjoying the show more and more

Same here. Goosebumps.

My too, literally.  The only goosebump moment of the night.

• Like 1

This show was awesome! All 8 corps blew my mind. I honestly think SCV can overtake BD with that show. And, holy crap, Bluecoats! The crowd was electric for them and they performed very well!

My ONLY complaint- Something has to be done about the seating in that stadium. People were literally sitting on top of each other and multiple arguments because you either couldn't see the number on the seat or the seats were so close that people couldn't fit. The security literally told people to just find an empty spot, which didn't hide well when that ended up being someone else's seat. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

No matter the placement this is a vastly better show than last year. (Cadets)

I think so too.

Better show by a LOT IMO, but lower placement, at least so far.

I love this show, full of color, pageantry and just great drum corps.  I even like the Cadets props some of which I didn't always like in the past.

Edited by wvu80

All the Corps here last night ( from FloMarching viewing ) were remarkable, imo. Every one of them demonstrated terrific improvements over the course of the summer. 

• Like 1