Why Jagged Line is actually brilliant

While I would not call Bluecoats' show stale, it does not feel as fresh as 2014-2016, especially 2014 and 2016. That being said, I don't think it's out of the question that Crown could discover a sleeping giant in the next few days. The original poster makes excellent points, but remember, a brilliant concept is just a concept if it's not well executed. 

Rrgarding Bluecoats fans being in a tizzy because of less than repeat of last year--Bluecoats are discovering what Crown did in after 2013. Prior to 2013, Crown was beloved and robbed in 2009 and 2012, some die hards claim 2011 too. After they won a title, it seemed they could do nothing right. Look back at posts in 2015. For many,  Blue Devils did not win and have a spectacular show, Crown threw it away and BD took the title by default. So a little anti-Bloo backlash is not a surprise.

• Like 2

Did anyone else besides me notice that the symbol in the time line graphic that started the era of electronics, amps, voice overs, dancing, prancing, was the exact same symbol for the Waffen SS.

Coincidence.....hmmmmm.....?

Edited by Stu
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, MikeBD said:

Actually I did.  I'm just tired of every other thread being about the bluecoats.  

They thought they'd give the BD and the Cadets a break this year.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

While I would not call Bluecoats' show stale, it does not feel as fresh as 2014-2016, especially 2014 and 2016. That being said, I don't think it's out of the question that Crown could discover a sleeping giant in the next few days. The original poster makes excellent points, but remember, a brilliant concept is just a concept if it's not well executed. 

Rrgarding Bluecoats fans being in a tizzy because of less than repeat of last year--Bluecoats are discovering what Crown did in after 2013. Prior to 2013, Crown was beloved and robbed in 2009 and 2012, some die hards claim 2011 too. After they won a title, it seemed they could do nothing right. Look back at posts in 2015. For many,  Blue Devils did not win and have a spectacular show, Crown threw it away and BD took the title by default. So a little anti-Bloo backlash is not a surprise.

Perhaps Crown will discover a sleeping giant or perhaps Crown and Bluecoats will discover another by the name Cavaliers.

But I am not in a tizzy. Before the first show of the season I said I didn't care if the show finished first or fifth ... I simply love the show for what it is. That is as true today as it was then. I refused to join in the judge bashing on the Is Bluecoats Getting the Shaft thread or whatever it is called, and if four (or five!) corps finish ahead of Bluecoats I will wish them all hearty congratulations.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 5

My biggest takeaway from this is that there is a "hidden comments" feature on DCP! How did I not know about this?!?

• Like 5

8 hours ago, MikeBD said:

I give the bluecoat fans credit.  Even when they continually place 4th all we hear from their fans is that they are getting screwed or they are transcendent.  If there was an award for the most ardent fans i would nominate you guys.

Should we just rename this forum the Bluecoats are great and the best thing since sliced bread?  If you don't agree than obviously you are biased and don't recognize the greatness that is the coats.  

And not to be outdone the blue devils still stink and never march.  If I didn't know better I would check BD for a pulse since they obviously don't work hard maybe they are statues?

I have never, ever said Bluecoats are getting screwed. I never said they are transcendant. I never said if you don't agree with me then you don't recognize the greatness that is Coats.

Finally I have never, ever bashed BD. Never said anything approaching that they stunk. Never said they never march. 

And I seldom use absolutes.

Perhaps when you paint Bluecoats' fans you might want to consider using a less broad brush.

• Like 5

I think the Bluecoats show is brilliant no matter how it places. I'd also like to point out that the Blue Devils have my favorite show this year. So before we see too many Bluecoats fan bashers I'd just like to point out that most of the 'Coats fans that I know are objective, honest, enjoy many other corps, and are not crying because we are not winning all the shows. Someone on here inferred that somehow Bluecoats fans were crying and whining because the corps was not in 1st place. I must have missed that because I do not see it. 

Back to Bloo's show. I think it's brilliant and well performed, and apparently the crowds seem to like them. So in that sense they are connecting with the audiences. Are they clean? no. I think most 'Coats fans have agreed to that. Still lots of cleaning.  I still say Bloo can pull into 3rd by Finals. 

• Like 7