Best places to eat in Indy this week!

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

Has anyone mentioned Harry & Izzy's?  I think they have a connection to St Elmo's, but the prices run a little cheaper IIRC.

Edit:  Sitting here at RAM.  Just got in. 

Me and the boy will be there in 16 hours! Doing college visits at present in Chicagoland area. 

• Like 1

Best meal I've had in Indy is by far White Castle. 

Especially during a prelims intermission, go back and watch about 6 hours of drum corps...the whole time about to #### your pants...:)

• Like 1

FYI from a local - since last year we've gotten a Primanti Bros near LOS....on the side of the mall near St. Elmo. Nada is around the corner from that and is fairly new....innovative Mexican. If you feel like a walk and comfort food, MoFoCo is north a bit at New York and Illinois - huge bowls of mac & cheese with different stuff mixed in. In what used to be the Chase building on the Circle (Now its the Salesforce building) there's apparently a new sushi place that does hand rolls. On Maryland Street across from Nada is a new steakhouse called Red. I've not been to the last two spots, so can't speak to the food.

Just a few new places to add to the list.....

• Like 1

Last year I went to Mikado and got the Sushi Master's Special. $200 of sushi served in a large oriental boat. Can probably feed 6 people and yes, it's definitely worth it

On 8/6/2017 at 2:22 PM, mjoakes said:

Here we go again. For me:

• Harry and Izzy's - Great casual bar-in-the-round with DCI folks gossiping.
  • Tavern on South - Really cool because it's great food and drink and just half a block from LOS. Usually a big drum corps crowd there during finals week.
  • Union 50 - Mass Ave area.
  • Claddagh Irish Pub - Almost, sort of, just about, real pub food!
  • And of course, St. Elmo - It will break the bank, but just go.

Also worth browsing though this recent Indy Star article about downtown "holes-in-the-wall." A few of these are open into the early morning hours (unlike a lot of other Indy pubs and bars). I posted this a week or so ago in one of the other Indy threads, but it seems worth reposting here.

First time in Indie, appreciate all the recommendations from everyone.  Currently enjoying food, vibe, and local craft IPA at Tavern South!  Great recommendation!

• Like 1

Shapiros tip of the day:

Get the corned beef platter.  Comes with 2 sides.   You get bread, a helping of corned beef, and bread.    Don't forget the dessert!

Had it yesterday and wish I were there today for the same thing!

Love Shapiros!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2