2017 World Championships Prelims - Aug 10

Found a great breakfast place five blocks from the stadium on South St calked Yoke. Highly recommend!

• Like 1

Bought my Super Three tickets for next year at 9:00am. I was number 19 so I should get the seats I want. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

River City Rhythm has lots of energy and for those who fear too much "park and bark" a coverup fast paced, almost nonstop drill. 

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Bought my Super Three tickets for next year at 9:00am. I was number 19 so I should get the seats I want. Fingers crossed.

Hope you don't end up next to the "I tried to buy those seats" woman mentioned in another thread. Hah!

• Like 2

Sitting in First Class at 37,000 feet somewhere over Arizona, watching the web cast and enjoying a Bloody Mary.  Only thing better is knowing that when I land, I'll be in Indy.  I'm shocked the wifi on this plane can support the FloMarching feed.

• Like 3

My view. I think it's somewhere around 1080^2p.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Found a great breakfast place five blocks from the stadium on South St calked Yoke. Highly recommend!

I might try it tomorrow. 

I didn't realize this until scampering over to their website, but the drum corps arm of the WGI power house River City Rhythm started as an Open Class corps and went to the World Championships its first year, 2015. I knew that this was their third year competing, but it's so odd (and a GREAT sign for RCR's management skills as an organization) for a corps to be accepted into Open Class their very first year of existence. There's an application process that of course is nowhere near as stringent as the threshold for World Class, but it exists nonetheless and makes sure that corps are financially viable before that are awarded Open Class status. Anyway, it's SUPER rare for a corps to be accepted without existing AT ALL beforehand...often as a Soundsport group, but more regularly as a musical entity that does parades and other local things to gain traction and membership. But no, RCR's drum corps arm was accepted as an Open Class its' first year in existence, and travelled to Michigan City & Indy for Finals :blink: That shows signs of a huge future for the organization!

The tunnel cam is great for two reasons

1) remembering how you mentally prepared to take the field. The nerves. The energy. 

2) people who notice it and do random silly things.