2017 World Championships Prelims - Aug 10

3 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Just wanted to say that it's been great to see your posts here this season; your commentary has been a nice addition to the forums.

Blush blush blush. Compliment taken and appreciated, although my commentary is nowhere near as useful as your numbers crunching and statistics-figuring, especially for those of us who can't math.

• Like 1

So, how is the sound for everyone on the broadcast?  It doesn't look like they are using the pit "speaker" smaller stand mics like they normally use to get any of the amplified sounds into the overall speaker mix.  I only see the three large field mics... 

Just now, leed17 said:

So, how is the sound for everyone on the broadcast?  It doesn't look like they are using the pit "speaker" smaller stand mics like they normally use to get any of the amplified sounds into the overall speaker mix.  I only see the three large field mics... 

I'm missing some of the detail from the front ensemble but the mix is pretty good.  

Alright. SCVC is coming. Things to watch for:

1) tasty percussion 

2) super effective simple props

3) that braid. 

• Like 1

There are so many little snippets of popular music in BDBs show that aren't even listed on their repertoire, and it's integrated into the show in such an incredible way.  I'm nearly positive I heard snippets of the melodies from both "Love Under the Lights" by Dawn Richardson (in the opener) and "Shelter" by Porter Robinson (in the closer).  Both aren't especially well known so it was a nice little treat for me as a viewer.

Edited by Musicman1084