2017 World Championships Prelims - Aug 10

Just now, Jake W. said:

The Sia hit in Surf's ballad was absolutely stunning. I really didn't think their brass would clean up this well. I'm sincerely impressed with Surf's performance so far.

This was the kind of cleaning and development I wanted to see with their Sun show. But for some reason music that year sort of flattened out down the stretch. This year they're working it to the end. 

1 minute ago, barigirl78 said:

I'm actually digging this jazzy section.  The bass player is grooving.

It helps that I own that record.

• Like 1

WOW. That might be among the most impressed I've been all day, if only because I've seen two seasons prior to this where Surf just flatlined and didn't clean up well. That is potentially the best brass line I've ever heard out of that corps. I didn't think it was possible, but I believe now that Surf is in legit contention with Music City for #25.

I saw Surf live twice early in the season, and didn't enjoy it nearly as much as that run I watched on Flo. I'm impressed with what they did with that show, and how they cleaned and kept my attention! Nice job!

• Like 1

Just now, Jake W. said:

WOW. That might be among the most impressed I've been all day, if only because I've seen two seasons prior to this where Surf just flatlined and didn't clean up well. That is potentially the best brass line I've ever heard out of that corps. I didn't think it was possible, but I believe now that Surf is in legit contention with Music City for #25.

We'll see. I think they'll be just outside the Top 25, probably the first or second corps out. It's still between Cascades and Spartans for that last spot IMO. I think Music City will be safe.