2017 World Championships Prelims - Aug 10

2 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Young Gabe is often as much of a show as the Troopers show itself and has tons of lady fans from potential girlfriends who see him as a heart throb, and women who would love to be a second mom or honorary grandmother.

He is very entertaining to watch. 

Back to the stadium and evicting people from my seat for the second time today. Enjoy the show everyone.  I'm a little melancholy knowing that it's almost over. A yearly emotion. 

Done that once already. Plenty of other seats around. But I want mine!

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I have been able to post anything since Blue Devils B. My phone did not cooperate. 

Overall, I have yet to see a corps not on target. One will take the field with an amazing show, I assume we'll see a shake up and without fail, the next show is better.

A few thoughts on corps since BDB

SCVC: it's really not all that elaborate as far as props, etc., the talent of the marching members does it all. 

Pioneer: made some tweaks since Allentown. It most likely will be their last performance of the year but it went well. The only drawback is the soloists microphone had issues.

Surf: it may be your last show too, but your work should be recognized. You had a show that was a bit more sophisticated but still a lot of fun.

Cascades: your colors seemed bolder today, though that could be the venue.  The last time I saw you was in Allentown and the sun was still shining. Good run.

Oregon Crusaders: "Only Time" is one of my favorites arrangements this summer.

Spirit and Genesis: be proud of your progress this year and build on it.

Pacific Crest: love "California Dreaming" and how it opens and c,less the show.

Troopers: you nailed it this afternoon. Lots of folks are disappointed you won't be seem inthe theaters tonight.

if you're in Indy and you missed anyone, it's too bad, you missed hard working performers who give it their all. If you're at ho e, I hope FloMarching worked. 

Thanks, Tim.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wigwam said:

Why don't they open the roof?  The weathers great!  

84 degrees vs ~72 degrees.  I'll take cooler, but I know it plays havoc with the brass.

19 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Pioneer: made some tweaks since Allentown. It most likely will be their last performance of the year but it went well. The only drawback is the soloists microphone had issues.

Saw this evolve over the summer and felt sad seeing them march. They must know it's their last. But they gave the show a great effort this year. Hoping the best for them.

• Like 2

I have to say that once I got home today, my Flo stream was ok for sound and really variable for video quality, and this is via Apple TV on a 250 MB Xfinity account. Hope the next two nights are acceptable.