2017 World Championships Prelims - Aug 10

Just now, Newseditor44 said:

I'll be honest, after getting hyped in SCV the past few weeks, that felt a bit flat for me tonight. I think Crown has a shot at pulling closer. I don't think Crown will pass SCV, but I think the get closer. 

Same... Vanguard left me ...meh 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

SCV brass is a let down after both Bloo and Crown.

I think most brass lines will sound like a let down after Crown lol, they're just that good. 

As for Bloo, I think they have a bit of vibrance/energy to their sound that SCV lacks. Both of the hornlines have been scoring near each other so it's a bit of a toss up

• Like 2

SCV has the best run I have seen from them this year. The flag feature near the end is about perfect and that percussion section is epic.

On a side note, I have to say the film direction is so good, I am enjoying every Corp so much more. I hope FLO takes some notes.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

HELL IS EMPTY AND THE DEVILS ARE HERE!!! SHOWTIME!!! DO IT UP DEVILS!!!

:bluedevil::bluedevil::bluedevil:

• Like 5

Just now, ContraFart said:

SCV has the best run I have seen from them this year. The flag feature near the end is about perfect and that percussion section is epic.

On a side note, I have to say the film direction is so good, I am enjoying every Corp so much more. I hope FLO takes some notes.

@George Dixon here's what you were talking about earlier haha. 

"SCV sounded flat tonight" 

next post over...

"That was their best run ever!"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newseditor44 said:

I'll be honest, after getting hyped in SCV the past few weeks, that felt a bit flat for me tonight. I think Crown has a shot at pulling closer. I don't think Crown will pass SCV, but I think the get closer. 

I gotta wonder if the pressure of being in the Top 3 did them in tonight. I hope this run was the worst we'll see from them this weekend.

• Like 1