2017 World Championships Prelims - Aug 10

23 minutes ago, trenta536 said:

Theatre played a Southwind clip when they meant to play a clip of The Company lololol

I swear, today has been one of the most interesting days for this corps on record. ALLLLLLLLL good stuff. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Can you read numbers? Cavies just had a judge put them 2nd in GE. A different judge put Phantom in 12th in GE. 

Phantom gets a 7th in brass and then an 11th in music analysis out of nowhere

this recap is literally the opposite of slotting. 

well the brass scoring was a little odd to say the least :)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I hope I'm more excited in the morning because reading through this thread was a drag.   

I think I'll refrain from going back and reading through it after all. I've never really understood how people who claim to love an activity can continually #### on it every chance they get.

Thankfully nothing but love in the "lot" and stands tonight!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

well the brass scoring was a little odd to say the least :)

It certainly was, but the accusations of slotting are literally the dumbest things I've read in this thread (and there was a lot of dumb stuff in this thread). 

By definition, weird and all-over-the-place scores = no slotting to be seen

• Like 2

So for the top 5:

BD had a great run, but was not over the top tonight. A few too many individual mistakes and a flat closer.

SCV was on fire. Also with a few individual mistakes, but not to the degree as BD. Most impressive in overall achievement. 

Crown has a great new ending. Thought they performed better than BD and SCV but with a show that is not as good overall.

Bloo was on fire. Ballad just not working near as well as the rest of the show.

Cavies were flat. The show felt awkward and amusical to me tonight. Horn line was rough. The concept came across super forced. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, westcoastblue said:

So for the top 5:

BD had a great run, but was not over the top tonight. A few too many individual mistakes and a flat closer.

SCV was on fire. Also with a few individual mistakes, but not to the degree as BD. Most impressive in overall achievement. 

Crown has a great new ending. Thought they performed better than BD and SCV but with a show that is not as good overall.

Bloo was on fire. Ballad just not working near as well as the rest of the show.

Cavies were flat. The show felt awkward and amusical to me tonight. Horn line was rough. The concept came across super forced. 

Very close to how I'd call it.